Shipping A Car To Montenegro
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- There is some fluctuation in vehicle shipping costs to Montenegro from the U.S., usually somewhere in the range of $1,600 to $4,200.
- Things that can cause the price to creep up to the high end are larger than average vehicles and specialty services like door-to-door shipments.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Montenegro
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Bar||$450||$3,700||5+36|
|Dallas, TX to (New York port) to Bar||$1,025||$3,100||7+30|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Bar||$400||$3,100||5+30|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Bar||$475||$3,700||6+36|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Bar||$1,025||$3,700||7+36|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Bar||$550||$3,700||6+36|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Bar||$550||$3,100||5+30|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Bar||$675||$3,100||6+30|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Bar||$775||$3,700||7+36|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Bar||$800||$3,100||6+30|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When planning residency in Montenegro or a lengthy stay, a personal vehicle will prove to be beneficial in various ways. Traveling will be easier and driving at leisure will be made possible. The language and currency barriers won't be as much of a concern and public transportation can be avoided.
Popular Shipping Destinations
About the Country of Montenegro and its Roadways
A small country in Southeast Europe bordered partially by the Adriatic Sea, Montenegro has a population of about 621,000 people. The capital, Podgorica is the most densely populated city in the country.
The roadways are mostly unpaved but traveling in a personal vehicle is easy. There are motorways, main roads, regional roads, and local roads connecting to all major cities and their surroundings. Many of Montenegro's roads are well-kept while others are suffering from decay.
While there are means of public transportation, a personal vehicle will be of great assistance, especially when traveling the country often will be necessary.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment
Vehicle exporting can be done in one of three ways. Two of the ways are more practical and cost efficient.
- Air shipping is always an option. It is also so costly that many cannot afford this method of shipment.
- Container shipping allows a person to choose between two different sizes. The vehicle is put into the container on a ship and the vehicle can be filled with possessions permitted by Montenegro Customs. A container's space can be shared with another person to reduce the shipping costs.
- RO/RO shipping a.k.a. the roll on, roll off method, requires the vehicle to be empty with a few exceptions. The vehicle must be able to drive onto and off of the ship.
Documentation, Restrictions, and Tariffs
There will be very specific direction on vehicle shipment to Montenegro. Contacting Customs is a wise way to becoming keen on what is required before importing. There will always be necessary documents such as license, title, registration, proof of ownership, duty and tax receipt, insurance documents, and a passport.
When vehicle importing is approved, the vehicle owner will need to be present at the vehicle's due arrival at the Port of Bar to retrieve the vehicle.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Montenegro
- Vehicle Invoice
- Passport and visa
- Bill of lading
- Letter of employment
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Montenegro
Only experienced and capable shipping specialists should transport heavy or oversized cargo to a nation far away. It takes meticulous planning, today’s shipping technologies, high quality transport equipment, and a strong grasp of foreign import policies to successfully see through an overseas delivery for such large cargo. Fortunately, A1 Auto Transport can help deliver your cargo to Montenegro safely. We have about 30 years in the transport industry which has led us to carry out the international transports of heavy equipment and oversized cargo countless times in our history.
There are a countless number of different types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can ship. With a high demand for such equipment and vehicles all over the world, it’s important to have easy, affordable access to transport services whenever necessary. Here is a list of examples of the heavy equipment and large cargo we have and will ship again…
- Farm Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Asphalt Pavers
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Cranes and More….
How to Choose a Transport Method for Your Heavy Equipment Overseas Delivery
Selecting a shipping method for your oversized cargo isn’t at all that difficult especially with the help of our professionals. Once you answer a few questions and provide us with some details, it’s easy for us to recommend the best shipping services for your cargo. However, we offer four transport methods for those looking to ship heavy and oversized cargo overseas.
- Container Transport- This is the only enclosed transport method for international deliveries of oversized cargo or heavy equipment. Although it’s slightly costlier, it is the most secure form of shipping we have to offer since your cargo is protected from inclement weather and other outside conditions.
- Flat Rack Shipping- Your cargo is secured to a flat rack or large metal frame to ensure its safety and lack of movement during the transport. This is a open air method so your cargo may be wrapped with shrink wrap if poor weather is a threat.
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping- This open air service is the most popular and cheapest option. It requires that your large vehicle or piece of equipment is operable and able to drive onto and off of the ship with the help of a ramp.
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping- This method is best for individuals transporting large, broken down vehicles and crated heavy equipment to another country. A crane is used to lift the cargo onto the ship as well as off of the LoLo vessel.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.