- Car Shipping Mauritius
- Ship Your Car To Or From Mauritius
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Mauritius
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Mauritius
- Additional Requirements In Mauritius
- Modes Of Shipping
- Steps To Be Taken Before Shipping
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Mauritius
- The Different Ways To Ship Heavy And Oversized Cargo Oversea
- Other Services
Car Shipping Mauritius
Ship Your Car To Or From Mauritius
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Mauritius is a fairly remote island in the Indian Ocean, which means it’s not cheap to ship a car there from the U.S.
- Under most circumstances, the cost will run between $3,500 to as much as $7,000 or more. Be sure to consider import costs and taxes as part of the total as well!
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Mauritius
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Maurituis||$1,025||$2500||43+7|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Maurituis||$350||$2500||43+5|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Maurituis||$550||$2500||43+6|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Maurituis||$775||$2500||43+7|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Maurituis||$475||$2500||43+6|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Maurituis||$400||$6000||34+5|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Maurituis||$700||$6000||34+6|
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Maurituis||$275||$6000||34+5|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Maurituis||$800||$6000||34+6|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Maurituis||$575||$6000||34+6|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Those relocating to Mauritius from the United States often prefer to take their cars along with them. Even when factoring in the cost of shipping, bringing a vehicle from the States is usually less expensive than purchasing one locally on this island nation. Fortunately, many ports in the US host regular departures for the warm waters of Mauritius, and reliable shipping services like A-1 Auto Transport are here to handle the formalities and minutia of the import process for you.
Choosing a destination port in Mauritius is pretty straightforward – the capital city of Port Louis hosts the only major harbor in the country and is the initial recipient of all international cargo (though shipments can then be forwarded onwards to other ports if desired).
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Mauritius
- Proof of ownership / original title of vehicle
- Original bill of sale
- Bill of lading
- A “no objection” certificate from the lien holder (only if the car has been purchased using an active loan)
- Import permit
- Work or residency permit
Additional Requirements in Mauritius
Second-hand cars have specific requirements – an import permit must be applied for in advance from the Ministry of Commerce and Cooperative. Furthermore, note that for used vehicles:
- The age of the car must be at least 18 months, but no more than 48 months.
- The original bills of sale and landing are required.
- The Cancellation of Registration certificate is required.
Mauritius does impose a duty on imported vehicles – a number dependent on the value of the car as determined by local Customs officials.
Modes of Shipping
Port Louis can accommodate vehicles arriving via Ro/Ro (roll on/roll off) or container shipping. Ro/Ro is the more economical version, in which vehicles are driven onto the ship at the port of origin, and off again after reaching Mauritius. This is typically sufficient for the need of most individuals, though those importing a high-value luxury or antique vehicle may prefer the additional security and protection offered by container-based shipping.
Steps to Be Taken before Shipping
Now that the decision to ship has been made, and the method selected, the process is nearly done. Before sending your vehicle off to Mauritius, take a few simple steps to ensure a safe and timely arrival.
- Empty the car of all personal belongings
- Perform an in-depth cleaning of the vehicle’s interior and exterior, to reduce the possibility of quarantine delays.
- Fill the fuel tank to only a quarter of its capacity
- Obtain transport insurance
- Go over the car with the shipping agent and obtain a written record of all dents, scratches, and other damage or performance issues.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Mauritius
It is common for our clients to have initial concerns over the costs and security of overseas shipping services for their heavy equipment or oversized cargo. Lucky for them, these things needn’t be a concern. Here at A1 Auto Transport we have the best shipping equipment and technologies at our disposal so that we can guarantee a quick and safe delivery.
The types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can ship internationally are never-ending. In the decades we’ve been established as a transport company, we’ve successfully delivered an unlimited variety of cargo including the following types of equipment and oversized cargo…
- Large Yachts and Pontoon Boats
- RVs and Motorhomes
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
The Different Ways to Ship Heavy and Oversized Cargo Oversea
Although there are several shipping services up for purchase through A1, you may be limited on your options. The type of cargo you plan on shipping to Mauritius will decipher what options are available to you. Nonetheless, we’d like to provide you with a little information concerning our overseas shipping methods.
Open Air Transport Services
- Flat Rack Shipping- This is the safest overseas shipping method available. Your equipment will be secured to a metal frame for its transport. To protect it from poor weather conditions, we may shrink wrap your cargo when necessary.
- Ro/Ro Shipping- This open air transport method is the least expensive option. It is only offered to customers with operable equipment or vehicles that can be driven onto the ship using a ramp.
- Lo/Lo Shipping- Shipping service for those with crated cargo or inoperable equipment to deliver overseas.
Enclosed Transport Services
Container Shipping- This is the only enclosed transport method available for the overseas delivery of heavy equipment or oversized cargo. It provides the greatest amount of security and therefore it tends to cost more than open air options. This method of transport is open to those with heavy equipment small enough to squeeze into a 40ft container.