Car Shipping Macedonia
Shipping A Car To Macedonia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The average shipping cost for vehicle going from the U.S. to Macedonia is usually in the range of $2,100 to $4,900.
- There are certain services and methods of shipment that can run higher, but most standard shipments in an intermodal container fall in this range.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Macedonia
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Macedonia||$200||$6000||35+5|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Macedonia||$400||$1500||21+5|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Macedonia||$450||$6000||35+5|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Macedonia||$475||$6000||35+6|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Macedonia||$550||$6000||35+6|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Macedonia||$550||$1500||21+5|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Macedonia||$575||$1500||21+6|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Macedonia||$675||$1500||21+6|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Macedonia||$775||$6000||35+7|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Macedonia||$1,075||$1500||21+7|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Macedonia is a country that is opulent with beautiful nature scenes. With over 16 mountains and more than 50 sparkling lakes, it is one of the most beautiful places in the world to relocate to. The climate is typically the same as in the United States with warm summers and mild yet cold winters. When you decide to move to Macedonia either temporarily or permanently and you need to make plans to ship your car to the country, there are several things that you need to be aware of prior to shipping.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Regulations for Cars in Macedonia
People who want to have their car shipped into Macedonia will need to abide by regulations that have been set by the Republic of Macedonia Government. The following regulations apply to all motor vehicles, motorcycles, motorized bikes, buses, trailers, and even bicycles.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Macedonia
- Valid passport (In Macedonia a copy of Passport is acceptable)
- International driver’s license from country of origin
- International Insurance Card (Green Card)
- Vehicle Registration. If the car is owned by someone else, a Power of Attorney warrant must accompany the driver when entering Macedonia.
- Must register with the local Police Department within 48 hours of entering Macedonia with vehicle
- For those planning to stay in Macedonia longer than 90 days, you must obtain an entry Visa prior to coming to Macedonia
- Bill of lading (BOL)
- Original purchase invoice
On top of the paperwork that is required for the Automobile Regulations, you will also need to provide the bill of sale for your car and it must include the following:
- Engine Number
- Cubic Capacity
- Chassis Number
When preparing to have your car shipped to Macedonia you will need to provide the following documents in order to accommodate shipment regulations:
- Original Bill of Sale
- Original Title and Registration (In Macedonia you may import a used vehicle)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Social Security Number (Card)
- Import License if your vehicle is new
- If you are unable to be with your vehicle at the point of departure, you will need a signed Power of Attorney
Before You Export the Car
Anytime you are planning on shipping a vehicle to Macedonia or any other country, you need to make sure you obtain a written quote from the transporter that includes all totals for shipping. On the quote, you need to make sure the port of origin (where your car is shipping from) and the destination of drop off in Macedonia will be. Since Macedonia is a landlocked country there are no ports within the country itself. You will need to make plans with the transporter to unload your car at the nearest port of entry and have one of their staff drive it into Macedonia for you unless you will meet the ship and pick up your car or hire someone else to drive in for you. If you choose to have the transporter or someone else drive into Macedonia for you, you will need to make sure they have a Power of Attorney warrant to do so.
Macedonia does not have many of the stricter regulations on vehicles that many countries have, but there are some quirks that you will want to take care of before the car is loaded to ship. You will want to make sure that all of your personal belongings are removed from the trunk as well as the interior of the car and that your car has been cleaned. Depending on your transporter, you may need to also make sure that all fuel and any flammable materials have been drained from the car. Macedonia does not require cars to be drained of gasoline upon entry to the country, but your transporter or the carrier may have their own requirements pertaining to that. Your transporting agent will be able to go over in detail any rules and regulations that you will need to heed to prior to shipping and they will assist you with details on how to prepare your car for the trip. For more assistance in gathering information as to what is allowed when importing your car and other personal property to Macedonia, you can contact the U.S. Skopje Macedonia Embassy.
Pricing and Ways of Shipping to Macedonia
Pricing on shipping your car to Macedonia will vary depending on several factors. The type of shipping you choose, the distance from where your car is shipping from to the closest port of entry in Macedonia and the weight of your car will factor into the pricing. You will also need to determine whether you will be picking the car up yourself or hiring the transporter or another company or individual to pick it up and drive into Macedonia for you. If you have the transport company deliver your car, the cost of delivery will be totaled into your final quote prior to shipping.
There are three ways to ship your car to Macedonia and you will need to decide which is more suitable for your car and your individual preference. The methods of shipping available are:
- Roll On Roll Off Shipping (Also known as Ro-Ro Shipping): Ro-Ro Shipping is generally the choice made by most when shipping their vehicle to another country. With Ro-Ro Shipping, vehicles are driven directly on the carrier ship at the point of origin and driven off at the destination point. This is the simplest and most inexpensive way of shipping a vehicle to Macedonia.
- Container Vehicle Shipping: Container Shipping is exactly what the name says. Your vehicle will be shipped inside of a container on a carrier ship from the United States to the closest port to Macedonia. While Container Shipping is a bit more expensive than Ro-Ro Shipping due to having to have more stability for safety reasons while shipping your vehicle, it is a great value when you want to ship other items with your vehicle. You have an option of a 20ft or a 40ft container and can easily have your vehicle and other items shipped at the same time. You can also opt to share a container with another shipper who may be shipping a vehicle to the same port.
- Shipping by Air: Air shipping is by the quickest way to have your car shipped to Macedonia. With two International Airports and over ten domestic airports in Macedonia, you can easily have your car shipped to an area that is closest to where you are. Air transport is by far the fastest and easiest way of shipping to Macedonia, but it is also the most expensive of the three ways of transporting. Your transporter can give full details of the cost of air service when you speak to them.
Before you ship your car to Macedonia you will need to obtain and fill out all of the necessary paperwork before you hire the transport company. For a complete list of all forms that will be needed, you can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency and they can give you all of the information needed to locate forms that will need to be complete to have your car shipped.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Macedonia
When shipping your heavy equipment and/or oversized cargo to Macedonia, you’ll want to work with a transport company with decades of industry experience. At A-1 Auto Transport, we have that experience, from knowledge of Macedonia’s import policies (and the U.S.’s export policies) to determination of the shipping vessel needed to accommodate your cargo. The best part is, we aren’t limited to shipping just your vehicles or large trucks. We ship a wide range of freight for a large variety of institutions. Just in recent experience we have shipped some of the following cargo including tractors, backhoes, excavators, hydraulic equipment, graders, claimers, cranes, pile drivers, engines and much, much more.
If you are looking to inquire about a large multi phase project or about your single cargo being transported to Macedonia, then we would be happy to get you on the right path. Part of that process is determining the best shipping option for your cargo.
- Lift On/Lift Off transport also known as LoLo shipping is one of the most common forms of transporting freight internationally. A series of cranes at port are used for the loading and unloading of the cargo to and from the LoLo ship.
- Roll On/Roll Off is also known as RoRo shipping. This is the most inexpensive and simplest way to transport vehicles overseas. Vehicles are driven onto the RORO ship and secured to the deck. Once inside the vessel, it is protected from the wind and rain.
- Flat Rack shipping is also a common form of international transport that is desirable due to its ability to hold large and unwieldy cargo.Your heavy cargo will be secured to a flat rack or open top container and then placed on top of the vessel. Shrink wrapping your cargo is an option for added protection
- Container shipping isn’t available for most oversized cargo unless it can fit into a 40ft container. This is the most expensive and secure form of shipping we have available as it will protect your cargo from the elements while keeping it secure.