If you want to move to Macedonia, you may want to make Tetovo your first stop. Tetovo is located in the foothills of the Sar Mountain and it is defined by the famous Pena River. Tetovo is a popular place to be for culture, education, political, and economics.
Many people travel to Tetovo because it offers so much and it is rather comfortable to be there. If you want to make your home away from home, you need to follow the Macedonian laws and regulations on importing your vehicle for higher ease of travel and to bypass the need for language issues and currency conversions in public transports.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for Importing to Macedonia.
Because there are rules and regulations of Ministry of Transport and Communications to follow, you will need to provide the correct amount of paperwork including any documents to help provide proof of your identity. You will need to bring:
- Clear vehicle title.
- Current and valid passport/
- International Driver’s License.
- Proof of insurance.
- Bill of Lading.
- Details of the purchase invoice.
You need to know the entry tax and when the vehicle has to be registered as per the specific laws which include:
- Register with the local police within 2 days of vehicle import.
- Receipt from paying entry tax that is no more than 14.5% but can be more if the value of your vehicle is higher.
- The government issued a license for importing.
Macedonia is not easily accessible by sea so you will be directed to Port of Thessaloniki located in Greece. Once your vehicle has cleared to Macedonia Customs Administration at this port, you will need to drive your vehicle across Tetovo or hire a shipping service to deliver it when its’ ready to drive away from Greece.
Preparing for Exporting from the United States.
You need to start the shipping process as quickly as you can. This takes a while to do and some paperwork may need more explanation so in order to avoid delays, it’s best to go ahead and start when you can. It is essential to get the documents submitted to the U.S Customs at least 3 days before the vehicle is shipped out as they will need to stamp approval and
You will need to contact A1 Auto Transport and get an estimate of all the cost involved in importing. If you choose the Roll On/Roll-Off method, you will need to prepare your vehicle carefully but you may save more money using this method over container shipping.
If you choose the container shipping, you will need to place your car inside a container, either a 20 feet or 40 feet container. You will also need to take inventory and load all your personal items inside before it is loaded and fastened down onto a ships deck for transport.
You will need to address any questions or concerns to the Macedonian Consulate in Washington.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?