Shipping A Car To Luxembourg From The USA
Shipping A Car To Luxembourg
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping costs from the U.S. to Luxembourg generally fall between $2,400 and $5,600.
- Because there is no available sea port in Luxembourg, it can cost slightly more in some cases due to the added component of overland shipping, usually from Belgium.
When exporting a vehicle to Luxembourg, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Luxembourg has a climate that is relatively standard and average in comparison to most countries. The summers can get quite warm, but generally they are not terribly humid or uncomfortable. The winters are surprisingly rather mild, as temperatures rarely drop anywhere near freezing levels. January and February are often cited as the coldest and harshest months of the year, so it would be best to try and avoid shipping any goods during those months.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping delays that may occur. Even with the cold that the months of January and February bring, it is still feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Luxembourg.
It is easy to navigate through and have positive relations with such a storied and developed country as Luxembourg. It is a predominately rural country, which makes driving and transportation somewhat easier and certainly much less hectic than most bustling European capitals can be.
Luxembourg has always benefitted from its independent spirit. Their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country have strengthened and become more efficient in recent years.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Necessary Steps To Take Before Transporting Your Car
Shipping a car to Luxembourg is a relatively easy process compared to some other countries.
In preparing to ship a vehicle to Luxembourg, certain paperwork must be taken care of.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Luxembourg
- Registration from country of origin
- Vehicle purchase invoice
- Proof of ownership
- Residence permit
- Customs declaration
- Bill of lading or AWB
- Proof of insurance
- Residency certificate
- Confirmation of employment or diplomat status (from Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Visit the Luxembourg Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Luxembourg.
Keep in mind that banks in the country of Luxembourg are closed and both Saturdays as well as Sundays.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a faster delivery process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Luxembourg
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels, or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Luxembourg.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Luxembourg. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Luxembourg before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Luxembourg. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Luxembourg
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Luxembourg.
- Driving in Luxembourg: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Luxembourg are as quickly as possible. The roads, signs, and highways of Luxembourg are modern and well maintained. Luxembourg is unique in that sometimes traffic fines can be applied on the spot so be sure to have cash on you to pay any unprecedented fines.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Luxembourg.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!