A commune and a city, Luxembourg is the capital of Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, panoramically situated where the two rivers Alzette and Pétrusse confluence. Before you plan on moving and importing your vehicle from USA, it is essential to consider the best time of the year to implement the shipping procedure. With varying temperatures during summers and winters, it is best to ship the vehicle in the spring and summer as the winters are harsh and can delay the shipment. However, it is best to discuss the shipping details with a trusted shipping company like A1 Auto Transport service.
With positive relations with USA, it is easy to ship your vehicle to Luxemburg and with proper roadways and less traffic, driving here can be a stress-free experience as compared to other bustling European cities. In recent years, the custom regulations and laws have been strengthen to make move easier for expatriates looking to move to the tiny nation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Steps before Importing the Vehicle.
As compared to shipping to other countries, it is a smooth process when handled by an experienced shipping service. You need to have documents in order and permits attached to ensure there are no delays. Some of the important paperwork includes:
- Original bill of sale.
- S. registration and lien-free title deed.
- Proof of vehicle ownership- driving license/photo ID.
- Work/residence permit.
- Passport and Social Security number.
There are specific Luxembourg Customs regulations and taxes, you will need to know about before the vehicle is shipped. Talk with one of our A1 Auto Transport service representatives and they will be able to assist you with the shipping procedures and help complete the documentation. Most of the banks remain closed for the weekend, so if you need cash, it is better to withdraw it before the end of the week.
Additionally, if you plan on shipping by Roll-On/Roll-Off method, it is important to remove all of the accessories and personal items put within the vehicle so that there is no damage or pilferage. You will be required to steam clean the vehicle so that it is not quarantined at the European port. You are required by shipping laws to remove all flammable gases including air conditioning gas before it is loaded on board the ship. By ensuring that the vehicle passes through the inspection and customs faster, the delivery will be quick.
Transporting vehicles overseas.
With different methods of cargo shipping your vehicle, ranging from air shipping to land transporting it, when you are moving it across the seas, RORO and Container shipping are the most preferred ways to ship.
- RORO: As it is the cheapest way of shipping so it is the most preferred method. However, there are restrictions and you need to prep your vehicle before shipping it. The vehicle is driven on and off the ship and while in transit; it is harnessed on the deck.
- Container shipping: Here you need to hire a 20 feet or 40 feet container, depending upon your requirement. You are allowed to ship your vehicle and other personal items sealed within the container. With more safety checkpoints, it is good if you are shipping a vintage car or an expensive luxury vehicle. The safety and security is one of the reasons it is more expensive to ship by this method.
After reaching Luxembourg City.
You will be required to pay the custom duties and clear the taxes so that the vehicle can be collected. If your vehicle needs to be modified as per the EU stringent emission laws, you will have to get it done, though it is advised to know about the modifications and complete them before shipping it out. Additionally you will be required to get a local license and insurance after a specific period of time. To know more about the rules and regulations of importing a vehicle and driving here, please contact the Embassy of Luxembourg.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?