Ship Car To Latvia
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Ship Your Car To Or From Latvia.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to Latvia from the U.S. costs from $2,900 to $6,000, with higher costs associated with larger vehicles and shipments originating from the western United States.
- Containerized auto transport is generally the most cost-effective method for shipping a vehicle from the United States to Latvia.
Shipping a car to another country can seem like an overwhelming decision to make. When shipping your car to Latvia you need to know a little about the country, and a lot of the paperwork and regulations required to ship internationally. Latvia has become a popular country to reside in and has quite a few businesses from the United States that have employees working on long-term projects. Shipping a personal vehicle is a welcome benefit for those who plan on being in Latvia for extended periods of time. Some of the secondary roads are narrow and even dirt, but the main roads are paved and easy to drive regardless of the kind of car you may have.
Before you export your vehicle to Latvia you will need to know where the closest exit ports are to where you live in the United States. The transport company agent can assist you with that information if you don’t already know. You’ll also need to decide which port to have your car shipped to in Latvia. Latvia has 12 ports available so you will need to know which one is closest to your location in the country. For more information on Latvia, you can contact the Embassy of the Republic of Latvia in Washington, DC.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Latvia Motor Vehicle Regulations.
When making arrangements to have your vehicle shipped to Latvia, there are some important Motor Vehicle Regulations that you need to know about. These are the regulations that Latvia has:
- Vehicles are only allowed to have a temporary, one-year import status.
- Vehicles over 7 years old will be charged a value added tax (VAT) of 18%
- Vehicles under 7 years old will be charged a 10% tax as well as a 10% VAT.
- All vehicles must be registered in the name of the shipper.
- Customs will charge the tax rate based on the value of the vehicle. If the value has decreased since originally recorded, customs will go by the customs book on car value to base it on the minimum value listed in the book.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Latvia.
- Original Bill of Sale on the vehicle.
- Import License.
- Driver’s License.
- International Driving Permit.
- Valid registration.
- Proof of insurance.
- Passport copy.
- Proforma invoice.
- Letter of employment.
Cost of Shipping Your Vehicle.
Cost will vary depending on the type of shipping you choose, delivery from door to door, and variables such as the weight and size of your vehicle. Your transport company will go over all of the fees with you and you will want to make sure you get a final quote showing the total amount you will need to pay. The auto transporter will go over details that you will need to know about the types of shipping available, accessible exit and entry ports and the pricing. They will let you know if you need to have the fuel or other flammable liquids drained from the vehicle before shipping, what you may need to remove from the exterior of the vehicle, and how to clean the car to make sure you have not left any personal items inside prior to shipping.
The Types of Shipping Available.
- Ro-Ro Shipping – Ro-Ro Shipping is the way that most vehicles are shipped overseas. The vehicle is simply driven up a ramp and onto the carrier where it is secured for shipment, and then driven down and off the carrier when it reaches the destination port. Ro-Ro Shipping is the least expensive way to ship a vehicle. There are eleven sea ports in Latvia, so Ro-Ro Shipping is the preferred way to ship as the ports are easily accessible.
- Container Shipping – When you choose to use a container for shipping your vehicle to Latvia, your vehicle will be placed inside of either a 20 foot or a 40-foot container and then lifted onto the carrier ship. Many people opt to share a container with another shipper to cut down on the cost of shipping. A container can increase the cost of shipping by up to $1000 depending on the size of the container and can slow transport time because of customs checks. Latvia only has one container port for the entire country.
Prior to shipping your vehicle to Latvia, you will need to fill out all necessary paperwork. Your auto transporter can assist you with locating the paperwork needed. If you have more questions about vehicle shipping, you can contact the transport company or you may contact the U.S Border and Protection Agency as they have all forms necessary for international shipping.
Related Information & FAQs
- Is it safe to use open air services to ship a car from the US to Latvia?
- Shipping a car to Latvia through an overseas transporter is the easiest and most affordable way
- The safest way to ship a car to Latvia from the US is through an enclosed shipping method
- Tips and advice for anyone shipping a car to Latvia from the USA
- Transport your car to Latvia through an auto shipping company known for their international services