- Car Shipping Latvia
- Ship Your Car To Or From Latvia
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Latvia
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Latvia Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Latvia
- Cost Of Shipping Your Vehicle
- The Types Of Shipping Available
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Latvia
- About A1 Auto Transport’s Various Overseas Shipping Services
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Latvia
Ship Your Car To Or From Latvia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to Latvia from the U.S. costs from $2,900 to $6,000, with higher costs associated with larger vehicles and shipments originating from the western United States.
- Containerized auto transport is generally the most cost-effective method for shipping a vehicle from the United States to Latvia.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Latvia
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Riga||$350||$3,200||5+36|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Riga||$400||$2,000||5+18|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Riga||$450||$3,200||5+36|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Riga||$550||$3,200||6+36|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Riga||$575||$2,000||6+18|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Riga||$675||$2,000||6+18|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Riga||$700||$2,000||6+18|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Riga||$775||$3,200||7+36|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Riga||$925||$2,000||7+18|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Riga||$1,025||$3,200||7+36|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping a car to another country can seem like an overwhelming decision to make. When shipping your car to Latvia you need to know a little about the country, and a lot of the paperwork and regulations required to ship internationally. Latvia has become a popular country to reside in and has quite a few businesses from the United States that have employees working on long-term projects. Shipping a personal vehicle is a welcome benefit for those who plan on being in Latvia for extended periods of time. Some of the secondary roads are narrow and even dirt, but the main roads are paved and easy to drive regardless of the kind of car you may have.
Before you export your vehicle to Latvia you will need to know where the closest exit ports are to where you live in the United States. The transport company agent can assist you with that information if you don’t already know. You’ll also need to decide which port to have your car shipped to in Latvia. Latvia has 12 ports available so you will need to know which one is closest to your location in the country. For more information on Latvia, you can contact the Embassy of the Republic of Latvia in Washington, DC.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, AVT Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Latvia Motor Vehicle Regulations
When making arrangements to have your vehicle shipped to Latvia, there are some important Motor Vehicle Regulations that you need to know about. These are the regulations that Latvia has:
- Vehicles are only allowed to have a temporary, one-year import status.
- Vehicles over 7 years old will be charged a value added tax (VAT) of 18%
- Vehicles under 7 years old will be charged a 10% tax as well as a 10% VAT.
- All vehicles must be registered in the name of the shipper.
- Customs will charge the tax rate based on the value of the vehicle. If the value has decreased since originally recorded, customs will go by the customs book on car value to base it on the minimum value listed in the book.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Latvia
- Original Bill of Sale on the vehicle.
- Import License.
- Driver’s License.
- International Driving Permit.
- Valid registration.
- Proof of insurance.
- Passport copy.
- Proforma invoice.
- Letter of employment.
Cost of Shipping Your Vehicle
Cost will vary depending on the type of shipping you choose, delivery from door to door, and variables such as the weight and size of your vehicle. Your transport company will go over all of the fees with you and you will want to make sure you get a final quote showing the total amount you will need to pay. The auto transporter will go over details that you will need to know about the types of shipping available, accessible exit and entry ports and the pricing. They will let you know if you need to have the fuel or other flammable liquids drained from the vehicle before shipping, what you may need to remove from the exterior of the vehicle, and how to clean the car to make sure you have not left any personal items inside prior to shipping.
The Types of Shipping Available
- Ro-Ro Shipping - Ro-Ro Shipping is the way that most vehicles are shipped overseas. The vehicle is simply driven up a ramp and onto the carrier where it is secured for shipment, and then driven down and off the carrier when it reaches the destination port. Ro-Ro Shipping is the least expensive way to ship a vehicle. There are eleven sea ports in Latvia, so Ro-Ro Shipping is the preferred way to ship as the ports are easily accessible.
- Container Shipping - When you choose to use a container for shipping your vehicle to Latvia, your vehicle will be placed inside of either a 20 foot or a 40-foot container and then lifted onto the carrier ship. Many people opt to share a container with another shipper to cut down on the cost of shipping. A container can increase the cost of shipping by up to $1000 depending on the size of the container and can slow transport time because of customs checks. Latvia only has one container port for the entire country.
Prior to shipping your vehicle to Latvia, you will need to fill out all necessary paperwork. Your auto transporter can assist you with locating the paperwork needed. If you have more questions about vehicle shipping, you can contact the transport company or you may contact the U.S Border and Protection Agency as they have all forms necessary for international shipping.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Latvia
Transporting basically anything across the sea to another nation presents its hurdles so when you have heavy equipment or oversized cargo to ship overseas to Latvia, it’s best that you hire skilled transporters for the job. Through A1 Auto Transport, you’ll receive extraordinary customer care and affordable shipping services. We have access to everything we need to ensure a safe overseas delivery no matter where it is delivered or what you plan on having shipped.
For close to 30 years, we have shipped many types of oversized cargo and pieces of heavy and large equipment to and from places all over the world. In fact,it’s unlikely we come across anything we can’t ship outside of the U.S., unless it is restricted from entering the other country as according to their import policies. Nonetheless, our professional transporters are extremely educated on foreign import laws and will be there to guide you every step of the way. They will make sure your cargo is given the certificate of import approval by Customs as long as it’s feasible.
To give you some insight as to the types of cargo we can ship internationally, here is a list of examples…
- Pontoon Boat
- Agricultural Equipment
- Air Drill
- Cold Planer
- Log Loader
- Pneumatic Roller
- Skid Steer Loader
- Asphalt Paver
- Boom Lifts
- Construction Equipment
- Crawler Loaders
- Farm Equipment
- Large or Heavy Trucks
- Industrial Plant Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Scissor Lifts
About A1 Auto Transport’s Various Overseas Shipping Services
In total, we have four overseas transport methods we offer to our customers. Not all of these are necessarily available to you however. Depending on the type of cargo you’re shipping to Laos, and your budget, we will determine which services you can take advantage of. Here is a list of what we offer...
- Flat Rack Shipping
- Container Shipping
- Roll On/Roll Off (RoRo) Shipping
- Lift On/Lift Off (LoLo) Shipping
Flat rack shipping is an open air service that secures your cargo to large metal frame before boarding the ship. LoLo shipping is mostly recommended to those with inoperable vehicles, large construction equipment, and crated cargo. RoRo shipping is the cheapest open air service we have and it requires that your vehicle or equipment drive onto the ship. Container shipping is an enclosed service that provides the greatest protection from outside elements and therefore, it is slightly higher in cost.
Related Information & FAQs
- Is it safe to use open air services to ship a car from the US to Latvia?
- Shipping a car to Latvia through an overseas transporter is the easiest and most affordable way
- The safest way to ship a car to Latvia from the US is through an enclosed shipping method
- Tips and advice for anyone shipping a car to Latvia from the USA