Ship Car To Kingston
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The Canadian city of Kingston is located in Eastern Ontario, close to Lake Ontario and right at the beginning of the St. Lawrence River. The city is partway between Montreal and Toronto. with plenty of opportunities to study and work.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping a vehicle to Kingston could be quite seamless, especially if you decide to rely on the services of a transport company such as the A1 Auto Transport service. Hiring a reputable shipping agent is going to guarantee that your vehicle is going to be taken care of properly throughout the entire process and it’s going to arrive safely. You are going to have to ensure that all of the information is properly provided to the customs. The shipping company should have the necessary documents required for the shipping. They include:
- Social Security card.
- Title deed.
- Driver’s License.
- Power of Attorney – signed.
The shipping agent at A1 Auto Transport is going to go through all of the details and we will explain what you are going to need and how the car is going to get transported. They will inform you how to actually prepare the car for the process. The preparation includes some of the following, of not all of them:
- Vacuum cleaning the entire vehicle inside and out.
- Filling all of the fluids.
- Changing the batter.
- Have ¼ of the gas tank full.
- Disable security systems.
- Remove all items from the interior and exterior.
All of these are going to guarantee that there are no unnecessary delays at the customs prior to getting clearance. This is going to ensure that the entire process is going to be hassle-free and quick.
The truth is that shipping to Canada might actually get rather expensive, depending on the exit point in the USA. For the majority of the customers, the shipping itself is going to cost somewhere between $700 and about $2,500. However, if your vehicle is actually eligible for the shipment according to the Transport Canada and CBSA requirements, you are also going to have to pay duty, excise tax, and 5% GST. If you import from outside of the USA, you are also going to be required to pay 8% provincial part when you license your vehicle.
Papers and documents for import.
Once you decide to ship your vehicle, you will need to gather up all the necessary paperwork and turn them into the United States Customs and the Canadian Customs. You will need to submit the paperwork at least seventy-two hours in advance of when you need to ship your vehicle. You will need to have this much time to process everything and verify the information you supplied on the forms. Your documents need to arrive in both customs at least seventy two hours in advance. All duties will need to be paid for before any vehicle can be transported. Cars that are manufactured in the United States normally pass all emissions regulations but if you have a vehicle manufactured in the EU or any other country, you need to have modifications done before your vehicle can be transported.
You are given a wide range of shipping options. If you want to get your car to Kingston, you can choose between:
- Air Shipping – This is the quickest and most convenient way to get your vehicle transported. However, it’s particularly expensive and a lot of people refrain from it.
- Open Car Carrier – this is the traditional Roll On/Roll Off shipping method and it’s going to allow you to transport your vehicle quickly and without additional hassle. It’s also the cheapest and fastest water-bound transportation method. However, you wouldn’t be able to ship any personal belongings.
- Enclosed Car Carrier – this particular method is also known as container shipping. You can choose between 20ft and 40ft container in which you can store as many personal belongings as you can. It is, however, more expensive and slower than RORO because of the higher amount of checkpoints.
Documentation and Customs.
When it comes to handling the paperwork, it is absolutely mandatory for you to send the filled documents to the U.S. Customs at least 72 hours in advance. If you work with A1 Auto Shipping, we are going to take care of this. What is more, you would have to provide the Canadian Customs Authority with a whole lot of different documentation such as your driver’s license, a title of the vehicle, registration and much more.