Shipping A Car To Kazakhstan From The United States
Shipping A Car To Kazakhstan.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Kazakhstan from the U.S. will usually cost $2,400 to $5,200, though it sometimes can run slightly higher.
- Standard vehicles like cars and small trucks will be on the low end of the cost spectrum, whereas larger vehicles like SUVs will cost more.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Kazakhstan
|San Jose, CA to(California port) to Almaty||$200||$7,500||5+35|
|Los Angeles to(California port) to Almaty||$350||$7,500||5+35|
|Seattle, WA to(California port) to Almaty||$550||$7,500||6+35|
|Detroit, MI to(New York port) to Almaty||$575||$7,500||6+45|
|Chicago, IL to(New York port) to Almaty||$675||$7,500||6+45|
|Atlanta, GA to(New York port) to Almaty||$700||$7,500||6+45|
|Denver, CO to(California port) to Almaty||$775||$7,500||7+35|
|Memphis, TN to(New York port) to Almaty||$800||$7,500||6+45|
|Miami, FL to(New York port) to Almaty||$925||$7,500||7+45|
|Dallas, TX to(California port) to Almaty||$1,025||$7,500||7+35|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When exporting a vehicle to Kazakhstan, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Kazakhstan has a relatively normal and familiar pattern of seasons, featuring hot and humid weather throughout the summer months as well as a very cold climate during the winter months. As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping delays that may occur. Still, it is feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Kazakhstan. It may be beneficial to keep in mind that many people agree that the most comfortable time to travel to the country is during the months of May through September.
It is easy to navigate through and have positive relations with such a rapidly developing country as Kazakhstan. It is by far the most economically advanced post-Soviet Eurasian nation, and many citizens of this car-friendly country own BMWs and Mercedes.
Kazakhstan is quickly growing to be a country that prides itself on its excellent work ethic and foreign business relations. Kazakhstan is benefitting from a steady increase of tourism and imported goods, so their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country have strengthened and become more efficient in recent years.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Kazakhstan
In preparing to ship a vehicle to Kazakhstan, certain paperwork must be taken care of.
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
Visit the Kazakhstan Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Kazakhstan.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon). Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a faster delivery process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Kazakhstan
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Kazakhstan.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Kazakhstan. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Kazakhstan before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Kazakhstan. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Kazakhstan
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Kazakhstan.
- Driving in Kazakhstan: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Kazakhstan are as quickly as possible.
- Kazakhstan Driver’s License: Information regarding how to obtain a valid driver’s license in Kazakhstan can be found here. You may use an international driver’s license for up to six months before you will be required to switch to a Kazakhstan-issued driver’s license.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S Embassy in Kazakhstan.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Kazakhstan
Leave the act of internationally transporting heavy equipment and oversized cargo to professional transport companies. Aside from needing the right shipping gear and equipment, haulers and technology, you’ll need to have experience dealing foreign import laws. So if you’re trying to ship your oversized or heavy cargo to Kazakhstan, pick up the phone and give A1 Auto Transport a call. We are capable of shipping all types of large and heavy machinery, equipment, vehicles and cargo.
Types of Heavy & Large Cargo We Can Deliver to Other Nations
- Farm equipment
- Cotton Pickers
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Hydraulic equipment
- Mining equipment
- Pile drivers
- Asphalt pavers
- Large & heavy vehicle
- Engineering equipment
Every single one of our shipping customers will receive insurance protection according to our state minimum. This coverage may only protect a portion of your cargo’s value but if desired, we offer additional insurance plans at low fees.
The Various Ways to Transport Cargo Overseas through A1
We have different shipping options for those transporting heavy equipment to another country such as Kazakhstan. Not all of these methods of transport may be available for you to purchase. The types of shipping options you have will rely on the details of the cargo you wish to deliver overseas. Although our reps will inform you of your options over the phone, we’d like to give you some information regarding each of our shipping services for those delivering heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another country…
- Flat rack is an open air transport service that carefully attaches your cargo to a metal frame with durable shipping gear before it is placed aboard the ship.
- RoRo shipping is the most competitive of the open air transport methods and also the most requested by our customers. Before purchasing this method, your heavy equipment or large vehicle must be capable of using a ramp to drive on and off of the ship.
- LoLo shipping is another open air service available to those with inoperable vehicles and crated cargo. A crane is used to assist the cargo onto and off of the boat.
- Container transport is the safest and costliest of the shipping options. It protects your cargo within a 40ft shipping container. This method is only available to those with cargo that can fit into this large container for its shipping process.
Related Information & FAQs
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.