Kaunas in Lithuania is its 2nd largest city and has remained a prominent place from historical times. It is known as the hub of Lithuanian academic, cultural, and economic life. Its location is quite important, right on the confluence of major rivers in this country – Neris and Nemunas – near Kaunas reservoir. This is the largest water body in the country and is the most prominent riverside port among all Baltic States.
With time, there has been an increase in the number of expatriates in Kaunas along with foreign students that stay and study here. And that brings with it a need for owning personal cars for easily computing.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Bringing your personal car.
Importing vehicles here is not difficult, but you need to abide by specific regulations to make it smooth and seamless. You must pay fees and duties along with taxes, fulfill documentation needs, and fill up relevant forms. Weather plays an important role when it comes to importing cars to Kaunas as the region has continental climate. Cool and rainy summers give way to extremely cold winters with freezing temperatures often times. You always have to worry about cloudy, overcast skies, and rainfall.
How conducive the weather remains during vehicle shipping to associated port depends upon your luck. Delays related to transport are quite common here. Since Lithuania became an independent nation, its economy has improved with increasing availability of imported goods in the markets here. With time, customs laws and regulations have strengthened. Today, it is far easier to bring your vehicle to Kaunas from the US than it was earlier.
You must ensure that you understand the procedure right. You will need to keep certain documents handy as you will have to show them at the customs. This includes:
- Registration from original country.
- Lithuania residence permits.
- Invoice of vehicle purchase.
- Owner’s passport.
- Car title.
- Car ownership proof.
Customs department of Lithuania contains all relevant information required, and you can consult whenever in doubt. It is important to know about associated restrictions or limitations for vehicle import.
You must make sure to remove external, nonpermanent vehicle parts during shipment followed by steam cleaning. This way, interiors will remain spotless and you will not face any problems like quarantine issues. Additionally, you will have to remove the gases of the air-conditioning system.
There are two methods used in shipping vehicles worldwide. These are:
- Enclosed 20 feet/40 feet containers: Your car along with all accessories is accommodated within the container and sealed. At Kaunas, it will be handed over to you.
- RORO method: Your car is driven over the ramp on the ship and driven off with ease. However, air conditioning gas needs to be removed and you cannot have anything except a little gas, spare tire and jack in the car.
Eligibility to import vehicle.
Are you unsure about your eligibility status when it comes to importing vehicles from the US? You do not have to worry; simply go through Title 19 relating to federal regulations for a clear idea.
Import is not that difficult provided you pay up at customs for shipment. If certain modifications to the car are a requirement, then you must go through and not forget to undertake relevant testing as well. Additionally, you will need to apply for registration of vehicle identification plate along with relevant government approval. To ensure worry-free usage, you must make sure to understand driving and traffic rules of Lithuania.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?