Shipping A Car To Jamaica.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Vehicles with standard dimensions can usually be shipped from the U.S. to Jamaica $1,800 to $3,500, though you may be able to find some cheaper rates depending on carrier availability.
- It’s important to remember that there are costs for import taxes and registering the vehicle one it arrives in the country.
Get Your Car On Island Time.
- You will need a tax registration number to transport anything into Jamaica. In order to get this, apply via the Jamaican Tax Administration. This has to be done before you can even properly book auto transport to Jamaica, even if you are working through a company.
- Like any form of international travel, knowing where you are traveling is the key to staying safe. Stick with the well-known areas of the country as crime is rampant on this tiny island nation. Major cities are best, as are tourist-friendly resort areas if you are just visiting.
- If you are planning to sell your vehicle in Jamaica, then you are in for a wait. Jamaican law prohibits the sale of a newly exported vehicle in-country for at least a year; if it is damaged before, during or directly after shipping, then you must wait at least three years before selling it.
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping is one of the most common ways to export a vehicle to Jamaica. With this method, the car is rolled onto the boat and then rolled off upon its final arrival. The risk is greater with this type of shipping; however, the payoff is that the car does not have to be prepped to be in a container and the auto shipping handlers can better keep an eye on it during transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Jamaica.
- Import license.
- Driver’s license.
- Title/proof of ownership.
- Work permit.
- Tax compliance certificate.
- Jamaican import form (C-78)
Experienced Auto Shipping to Jamaica.
Situated in the Greater Antilles in the Caribbean Sea, Jamaica is a large island that many people think: more than 4,000 miles to be exact. The Port of Kingston is the biggest in this country and is where most, if not all, of auto transport shipping to Jamaica takes place. Prior to arriving in the country, there are several key documents that you must have: your passport, a license to import vehicles, the vehicle title, a bill of sale and a tax compliance certificate.
The Jamaican Customs division has its own rules and regulations for bringing a vehicle into the country. From obtaining the proper tax certificates to the additional paperwork needed, checking this site before embarking on a trip to Jamaica with the car not far behind is prudent to be sure you are following all of the rules properly.
The Financials of Island Shipping.
Prepare to pay a decent tax for your vehicle upon going through Customs when you arrive in Jamaica. The auto shipping company will negotiate this for you when you book, but be prepared: you may have to pay up to 67% of the value of the vehicle as a duty upon arriving in the country. As the size of the motor in the car rises, the cost generally tends to get higher.
Shipping A Car To Jamaica.
If you are planning to ship your vehicle to Jamaica, it cannot be more than four years old. If you are a resident of this island country and have been away for a few years, then you are allowed to bring back with you two vehicles during a three-year period. However, even in this instance, you would need to have the appropriate paperwork.
Your driver’s license is valid upon arriving in Jamaica and you can drive your newly transported vehicle for one year. After that point, the law requires that you get a Jamaican driver’s license.
You need insurance in Jamaica. This is something to check with your chosen auto transport company, as you are not going to be permitted to drive away from Customs until you are able to provide proof of insurance with a Jamaican company.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Can I ship a car to Jamaica through professional transport services?
- How much does it cost to ship a car from the US to Jamaica?
- How much time will it take to ship a car from Miami to Jamaica?
- Use container transport services to ship a car to Jamaica
- How is the cost of shipping a car to Jamaica determined?
- Is shipping my car to Jamaica through professional transporters safe?
- What is included in the process of shipping a car to Jamaica from the US?
- What shipping methods are best for sending a car to Jamaica?
- What does it cost to ship a car to Jamaica?
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?