Ship Your Car To Or From Israel
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Vehicle shipments to Israel that originate in the U.S. usually cost $3,100 to $5,700 with containerized or RORO transport for a standard sized car.
- One thing to keep in mind if you’re considering shipping a car to Israel is that the taxes are generally a hefty portion of the vehicle’s appraised value.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Israel
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Haifa||$275||$2,000||5+32|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Haifa||$350||$4,100||5+35|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Haifa||$450||$4,100||5+35|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Haifa||$475||$4,100||6+35|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Haifa||$550||$4,100||6+35|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Haifa||$575||$2,000||6+32|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Haifa||$675||$2,000||6+32|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Haifa||$700||$2,000||6+32|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Haifa||$775||$4,100||7+35|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Haifa||$1,075||$2,000||7+32|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
One of the first things to know about exporting a motor vehicle to Israel is that the country does not maintain trade agreements and diplomatic relations with every country, though it’s not an issue if you’re transporting a vehicle from North America.
Tourists can import a car for up to six months without paying taxes on it, after which time approval is required from the Israel Tax Authority. There are exceptions for certain types of visas; for example a student visa is valid as long as the student is enrolled in an academic setting. Israeli citizens can bring a car into the country that is up to two years old.
There are no import duties on vehicles brought into Israel from the United States, though there is a port tax and a value added tax (VAT). It should be noted that Israel will only accept imported vehicles that conform to European auto registration standards and technical specifications.
Not all vehicles are allowed to be shipped to Israel, depending on the country of manufacture and age of the vehicle. To check and see if a particular type of car is allowed to be imported to Israel, you can look up approved vehicles using this resource from the website for the Israel Ministry of Transport.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Israel
- Passport and valid Israel driver’s license.
- Registration and driver’s license from home country.
- Letter from Ministry of Transportation in Israel (link at bottom).
- Bill of lading - the document that details the information of cargo delivery.
- Purchase invoice for the vehicle.
- Import license.
- Israeli travel documents.
Read more about Israel vehicle registration process here.
Methods Of Shipping A Car From The US To Israel
If you’re shipping a car to Israel from the United States or North America, there’s only a couple ways to do it. The most popular method of transport is called “RORO,” which stands for “roll on, roll off” and refers to how the vehicle is loaded onto the ship before being secured for transport. It is basically driven onto a boat for shipping, then driven off when it arrives at the destination port.
A second method, that can sometimes be more affordable, is container shipping. The container shipping option is usually for when someone is making a permanent move since a container can be used to move furniture, personal items, and household goods as well. A third option is air freight, which is strictly used for extremely high value, rare or one of a kind automobiles.
Israel Car Shipping Resources
Auto Insurance In Israel - If you’re going to be driving in Israel, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the traffic laws and insurance requirements. This web page details everything you need to know about auto insurance in Israel.
Import Classifications & Taxation - Customs and tariff information that applies to commercial imports to Israel. Included are department contacts and information about the value added tax (VAT).
Embassy of the U.S. In Israel - Find relevant visa information for Israel, as well as local services for American citizens and resources for doing business in the country.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Israel
Are you on the hunt for reliable transporters to ship your heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Israel? At A1 Auto Transport, we have the experience and proper training as well as access to the latest and highest quality transport equipment to ship any type of heavy equipment to another country, even to Israel.
In most cases, we consider any cargo that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container as oversized unless its weight significantly surpasses its size. Some examples of oversized cargo we can deliver outside of the U.S. include…
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
We guarantee a safe delivery of your cargo to Israel and we will make sure it is lawfully approved for export and import. The act of appeasing import policies is perhaps the most confusing and difficult part of the entire overseas shipping process, especially for those unfamiliar with the import laws for Israel. With our professional guidance and extreme knowledge of foreign import policies, we can certainly get your cargo delivered safely.
Low Cost Overseas Heavy Equipment Shipping Options
There are several affordable overseas heavy equipment shipping options offered through A1, but depending on the type of equipment or oversized cargo you’d like to have transported, not all of these options may be available to you. Below are the all the shipping options we offer to those internationally transporting equipment...
- Lift-On Lift-Off- this open air shipping method is offered to those shipping inoperable vehicles or crated heavy equipment. A crane lifts the cargo to place it on the ship and then is used again to lift the cargo off the ship.
- Roll-On Roll-Off - this is the least expensive international transport method and it is also an open air service. Only those with operable vehicles and heavy equipment can purchase this transport method since the cargo must be rolled onto and off the ship using a ramp.
- Flat Rack- with this open air shipping service, your cargo is strapped to a metal frame before it’s put on top of the ship. Your equipment may be covered with shrink wrap for added protection against poor weather conditions.
- Container Shipping- this enclosed transport method is only available to those with heavy equipment small enough to fit into a 40ft container. It offers by far the most security in comparison to the other shipping methods offered.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How safe is it to use RO/RO services for shipping my vehicle to Israel?
- What is the best method for sending my car to Israel from the United States?
- What you need to learn about shipping a car to Israel from the USA?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com