Ship Your Car To Or From Israel.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Vehicle shipments to Israel that originate in the U.S. usually cost $3,100 to $5,700 with containerized or RORO transport for a standard sized car.
- One thing to keep in mind if you’re considering shipping a car to Israel is that the taxes are generally a hefty portion of the vehicle’s appraised value.
One of the first things to know about exporting a motor vehicle to Israel is that the country does not maintain trade agreements and diplomatic relations with every country, though it’s not an issue if you’re transporting a vehicle from North America.
Tourists can import a car for up to six months without paying taxes on it, after which time approval is required from the Israel Tax Authority. There are exceptions for certain types of visas; for example a student visa is valid as long as the student is enrolled in an academic setting. Israeli citizens can bring a car into the country that is up to two years old.
There are no import duties on vehicles brought into Israel from the United States, though there is a port tax and a value added tax (VAT). It should be noted that Israel will only accept imported vehicles that conform to European auto registration standards and technical specifications.
Not all vehicles are allowed to be shipped to Israel, depending on the country of manufacture and age of the vehicle. To check and see if a particular type of car is allowed to be imported to Israel, you can look up approved vehicles using this resource from the website for the Israel Ministry of Transport.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Israel.
- Passport and valid Israel driver’s license.
- Registration and driver’s license from home country.
- Letter from Ministry of Transportation in Israel (link at bottom).
- Bill of lading – the document that details the information of cargo delivery.
- Purchase invoice for the vehicle.
- Import license.
- Israeli travel documents.
Read more about Israel vehicle registration process here.
Methods Of Shipping A Car From The US To Israel.
If you’re shipping a car to Israel from the United States or North America, there’s only a couple ways to do it. The most popular method of transport is called “RORO,” which stands for “roll on, roll off” and refers to how the vehicle is loaded onto the ship before being secured for transport. It is basically driven onto a boat for shipping, then driven off when it arrives at the destination port.
A second method, that can sometimes be more affordable, is container shipping. The container shipping option is usually for when someone is making a permanent move since a container can be used to move furniture, personal items, and household goods as well. A third option is air freight, which is strictly used for extremely high value, rare or one of a kind automobiles.
Israel Car Shipping Resources.
Auto Insurance In Israel – If you’re going to be driving in Israel, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the traffic laws and insurance requirements. This web page details everything you need to know about auto insurance in Israel.
Import Classifications & Taxation – Customs and tariff information that applies to commercial imports to Israel. Included are department contacts and information about the value added tax (VAT).
Embassy of the U.S. In Israel – Find relevant visa information for Israel, as well as local services for American citizens and resources for doing business in the country.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How safe is it to use RO/RO services for shipping my vehicle to Israel?
- Why professionals should handle the process of shipping a car to Israel
- What is the best method for sending my car to Israel from the United States?
- What you need to learn about shipping a car to Israel from the USA?
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory