Ship Car To Haifa
Shipping a car to Haifa, the largest city as well as host to one of the largest major shipping ports in Israel is a very beneficial decision to make when travel is necessary in the large urban area. Haifa is a very prosperous city with many industries including oil refining and chemical plants. Haifa is well known as the city that works, and people from all over Israel as well as other countries relocate to the city for employment opportunities. With nearly 1500 hotel rooms available, tourism is also a major attraction to the area. Shrines, art museums and gardens attract nearly 90,000 tourists from around the globe each year. Haifa is also a center of education in Israel with several universities as well as more than 100 elementary, middle and high schools. Roadways in the city are very modern and easy to drive for residents and tourists alike. The Haifa Port is easily accessed for cargo transports of automobiles, industrial cargo and exports shipped around the world.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Automobile Transport to Haifa.
Before you can ship an automobile to Haifa, you will need to hire an automobile transport company. A1-Auto Transport has the experience and extended knowledge for shipping all makes and models of automobiles from the United States to Haifa, Israel. With professional shipping services you can rest assured that your motor vehicle will arrive safely and as quickly as possible for your use during your stay in the city. The customer service representative that handles your automobile shipment will need you to provide them with your driver’s license, social security number and a signed power of attorney prior to shipping the car. Your representative will explain the shipping contract, insurance, shipping methods and the total cost to ship your automobile internationally to Haifa. They will also let you know how to ensure that your car is prepared for overseas transport and all that you will need to do to make sure the car is ready on the scheduled date of shipment. If you will need pick-up and delivery you will need to let the representative know so they can schedule that and include it in your finally shipping quote.
How to Ship a Car to Haifa.
Shipping an automobile to Haifa can be accomplished very conveniently and you will be able to use a variety of shipping methods based upon the type of car you need to ship as well as if you need to ship any personal items with the car. The ways to transport a car overseas to Haifa are;
- RORO Shipping– RORO shipping is a type of shipping where motor vehicles are driven onto a RORO carrier, secured for transport and then driven off the RORO carrier when it reaches Haifa Port in Israel. RORO is very efficient for shipping all types of motor vehicles and usually costs less than any other type of shipping because hundreds of motor vehicles can be loaded for shipment at once which cuts down the fuel cost per automobile owner during transport. Motor vehicles do need to be empty for transport via a RORO carrier and you will not be able to pack anything inside of the car during travel.
- Container Shipping– If you may have a more expensive or classic automobile or need to transport other items besides the automobile, you can use a shipping container and load everything at one time. Container shipping makes a complete international relocation simple and easily done.
- Air Cargo Shipping– Air cargo shipping is available but is generally used only for extremely expensive motor vehicles or personal items due to the cost. For shipping to Haifa, the most preferred way to ship is by sea.
Customs in Haifa.
You can import a car to Haifa either on a temporary or a permanent basis depending on your residency status. If you will be staying for longer than 6 months you will need to register the car in Israel. Students are exempt from registration as long as you have your student visa and are enrolled in school fulltime. You will be required to pay all shipping taxes as well as a Value Added Tax but there are no import duties when importing a car from the United States to Haifa, Israel. You will need to make sure you have some of the following paperwork ready to present to customs officials upon arrival:
- Israeli Driver’s License.
- Import License.
- Student or Work Visa.
- Shipping Bill (Bill of Lading).
- Automobile Registration from the U.S. or country car originates from.
- Letter from the Ministry of Transportation and Road Safety to verify the car is up to par for road safety.
For further information on required paperwork your customer representative with the automobile transport company can assist you or you may contact the Israeli Embassy in Washington, DC.