Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Ghana
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
What you should know about shipping your vehicle from the United States to Ghana
Shipping A Car To Ghana.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- There’s a pretty wide range of shipping costs from the U.S. to Ghana, but most vehicles are moved for $2,500 to $7,000.
- There is generally limited availability in the area, both in terms of routes and companies that ship to the area, which can make it an expensive process.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Ghana
|Los Angeles to|
(California port) to Tema
|Boston, MA to|
(New York port) to Ashaiman
|Las Vegas, NV to|
(California port) to Tema
|Phoenix, AZ to|
(California port) to Kumasi
|Dallas, TX to|
(California port) to Tamale
|Detroit, MI to|
(New York port) to Tema
|Chicago, IL to|
(New York port) to Kumasi
|Denver, CO to|
(California port) to Ashaiman
|Columbus, OH to|
(New York port) to Tamale
|Dallas, TX to|
(New York port) to Tema
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Depending on which American ports your chosen international shipper uses and also which part of the country you live in, you will need to determine which port will be your departure port, and how your vehicle will get there. If it is more convenient to have the shipper pick the vehicle up at your home, that is fairly easy to arrange, but the trucking costs will be added to your shipping bill.
Then you will need to decide on a shipping method for your vehicle. The least expensive method is by Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO) because you are only charged for the space your vehicle takes up on board the ship. It is also somewhat more exposed during shipping, which accounts in part for its cheaper cost.
If you choose to ship using the container method, your car will be placed in either a 20-ft container or a 40-ft container and secured inside. Then that container will need to be lifted on and off the ship by a crane in both departure and destination ports, which is why not all ports can handle containerized shipments.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations
There are a couple reasons why the make, model, and year of your vehicle are important for international shipping, especially to Ghana. Knowing these statistics will automatically determine its dimensions and those are important with regard to the space it will occupy on the ship. Also when shipping to Ghana, the Customs officials will not allow a vehicle more than 10 years old into the country, so be advised.
There can be nothing at all inside the car for shipping other than a spare set of car keys, which will be needed for RORO shipping because the car will be driven on and off the ship under its own power. This means you must also have a ¼ tank of gas or less in the tank when shipping.
If your vehicle is one that could be considered a classic or if its value makes it an expensive car, you may want to consider taking out extra insurance on the vehicle. While most shipping carriers already have some level of insurance, you might feel more comfortable if a valuable car had greater protection.
- The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency will require some documentation prior to departure that demonstrates clear ownership of the vehicle – an original bill of sale will do nicely.
- You must provide a current title to establish the fact that there are no liens against the vehicle, which essentially qualifies it for export from the country. Should there be existing liens outstanding on the vehicle, you must secure from the lienholder notarized authorization which expressly allows the export of the vehicle from this country.
Both the total cost and the total transit time of the vehicle will depend on several factors, some of which have been described above. If you can provide the information recommended to your selected international carrier, it should be fairly easy for that company to quickly respond with an estimate of both.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Ghana
- Driver’s license & registration.
- Proof of insurance.
- Registration card.
- Purchase invoice.
- Bill of lading.
- Certificate of non-sale.
Once the vehicle arrives at one of Ghana’s ports, possibly Tema, Accra, or Takoradi, a tax will be levied on it which must be paid before it clears Customs.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Ghana
Transporting heavy equipment and oversized cargo overseas is a difficult task for anyone without the right shipping technology or equipment. It also takes knowledge and understanding of foreign import laws. Luckily, A1 Auto Transport has access to everything they need to carry out a successful international transport. When you give us a call to receive a free quote or schedule your transport we will help you choose the best transport method and shipping solutions according to the type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo you need to ship to Ghana.
There is an ongoing list of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we’re able to transport internationally. If you are curious if we’re capable of shipping your cargo, here is a summary of the types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we will transport…
- Construction equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, dumpers, heavy duty vehicles, cranes, etc.
- Mining equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, rock breakers, etc.
- Paving equipment including asphalt pavers, milling machines, planers, compactors, motor graders, reclaimers, etc.
- Agricultural equipment including tractors, planters, cotton pickers, combine harvesters, plows, balers, backhoes, spreaders, drills, mowers, etc.
How A1 Transports Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Internationally
There are several methods of transport available to those shipping heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Ghana. The specific kind of heavy equipment, vehicle or cargo you have to ship will determine which methods are available to you in particular. Overall, here are the overseas shipping services we have to offer…
- Flat Rack Transport
- Container Transport
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping (RoRo)
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping (LoLo)
Only one of the four overseas transport methods is an enclosed service. As long as your cargo can fit into a 40ft shipping container, you are able to purchase this transport method for the delivery process. Container shipping is slightly more expensive than the other options due to the extra security provided by the walls and ceiling of the container.
Out of our open air overseas transport methods, RoRo shipping is the least expensive. Although it’s the cheapest, it is safe and reliable. In fact, it is the most popular overseas shipping option offered. As for LoLo shipping, it is recommended to those with inoperable vehicles or crated equipment. Flat rack shipping is the most secure open air method since it secures your cargo to a metal frame for its transport. This prevents it from shifting during its journey aboard the ship.