Car Shipping Gambia
Car Shipping to Gambia from the United States
Shipping A Car To The Gambia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most shipping cost to The Gambia is between $2,300 to $4,700, though they do fluctuate periodically.
- Since there is a limited amount of coastline available in the area, shipping is easier at certain times of the year than others.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Gambia
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Banjul||$350||$4,400||5+55|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Banjul||$400||$3,900||5+37|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Banjul||$450||$4,400||5+55|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Banjul||$475||$4,400||6+55|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Banjul||$550||$4,400||6+55|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Banjul||$575||$3,900||6+37|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Banjul||$675||$3,900||6+37|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Banjul||$775||$4,400||7+55|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Banjul||$925||$3,900||7+37|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Banjul||$1,075||$3,900||7+37|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping a car to Gambia can be a very simple process as long as you know what needs to be taken care of before you make the shipping arrangements. Roadways in Gambia are very rough and not many are modernized and during the rainy season from June through October, many of the roadways will flood and become impassable for motor vehicles. Having a 4-wheel drive is a practical suggestion for those who want to bring their own vehicle into the country for personal usage.
Gambia has one shipping port where vehicles can be imported. The port is in the city of Banjul in West Africa and is accessible by both Ro-Ro Shipping and Container Shipping methods. Your transport agent will be able to discuss with you the best way to ship your vehicle to Gambia. The agent will also direct you on the paperwork you need to fill out prior to shipping, cleaning your personal items out of your vehicle, and anything else you may need to do to prepare your car for shipping.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Gambia Motor Vehicle Required Regulations
In order to export your car to Gambia, there are a few regulations that the country requires to do so. Those regulations are as follows:
- Original Bill of Sale must accompany car
- Left-hand drive vehicles only are allowed in Gambia
- Import Tax must be paid which varies depending on vehicle value
- Gambia Government Sales Tax of 10% must be paid
- 1% Customs Sales Tax must be paid
You will also need to have the Original Certificate of Title to the car and this must include:
- Engine Number
- Chassis Number
For more information on regulations and requirements for shipping your car into Gambia, you can contact the Gambia Embassy in Washington, DC and they can direct you to information that you may need prior to shipping your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Gambia
When shipping a car to any country internationally, including Gambia, there are documents that you will need to have filled out prior to being able to ship. These are the required documents that you will need to have:
- Driver’s License
- Original Bill of Sale
- Social Security Card
- Signed Power of Attorney warrant if you will not be with the car at the port of exit
- Registration card
- Bill of lading or air waybill (OBL/AWB)
- Proof of residency or work permit
- Non-sale certificate
If other paperwork is needed prior to shipping, the transport agent will be able to go over all of that information with you during the consultation for shipping. The transport agent will also be able to go over the port nearest your home to take the car to for shipping as well as the port of entry in Gambia. Before your ship the car you need to make sure you get a finalized quote from the transport company that includes the cost of shipping, container fee is you choose to ship by container, pick-up and delivery fee if they will need to pick-up and drop-off your car for you. The transport agent will also go over the different methods of shipping and the cost of each type.
Methods of Shipping Cars
- RoRo Shipping - RoRo is the least inexpensive method of shipping your car to Gambia. RoRo ships deliver cars, trucks, vans and other wheeled vehicles. The ships are designed with ramps that vehicles can drive straight onto the ship where they will then be secured for delivery. At the exit port, the vehicle is unsecured and then driven off the ship where it may be picked up at the port and either delivered to your location, or you can pick it up and drive it into Gambia from the port.
- Container Shipping - Container shipping simply means you can have your car shipped inside of a 20 or 40-foot container on a freight ship. Container shipping takes a little longer than RoRo Shipping because customs will have to inspect the containers. Container Shipping is also slightly more expensive than RoRo Shipping, but for people who may have other household or personal items that they need to ship along with their car, containers are a reliable choice for transportation overseas.
To find out more about the documents you will need prior to shipping your car, and other useful information on shipping and customs regulations when traveling to Gambia, you can contact the U.S. Border and Protection Agency.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Gambia
Transporting heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Gambia from the United States is much too difficult without the help of professional international transporters. You need all kinds of transport equipment, tools, gear, technology, and experience to successfully carry out an overseas transport. That’s why so many hire A1 Auto Transport to help them with their shipping needs.
We’re able to ship all types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo. Throughout our time in the transport industry we have shipped an endless amount of cargo. If you’re wondering if we are capable of shipping your heavy cargo or oversized equipment, we’ve created a brief list of cargo that we can ship that meets this description…
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Pontoon Boats
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Every one of our shipping customers whether they’ve purchased national or international shipping services receives insurance coverage as according to state minimum. Additional insurance packages are available if you wish for the full value of your cargo to be protected during its delivery process through A1.
How Should I Ship My Heavy Equipment or Oversized Cargo to Gambia?
Depending on the type of cargo you’re trying to ship, there are four overseas transport methods offered through A1. Every transport method varies in style and price, so to give you some idea of what each one entails we’ve included a brief description for all four methods.
- Lift On/Lift Off shipping is an open air service that is highly recommended to those with with large broken down vehicles or with crated heavy equipment. A crane will lift your cargo on to the top of the ship and lift it off once it reaches port.
- Roll On/Roll Off shipping is the least expensive open air service we have to offer. It is a popular transport method that is only available to those with operable vehicles and equipment, able to roll onto and off of the ship.
- Container shipping is the safest form of transport and therefore, it is also the most expensive. If your cargo is able to fit inside of a 40ft shipping container, you may be eligible to purchase this overseas shipping method.
- Flat rack shipping is another open air service yet it provides a little more security than the other open air methods. Your cargo will be secured to a large metal frame before it is placed on the ship. If inclement weather presents a problem, we may shrink wrap your cargo for further protection.