Ship Your Car To Or From Gabon
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Typical transport costs for a vehicle going from the United States to Gabon generally fall between $2,400 and $5,000.
- In some cases, it can cost a fair amount more, depending on the current shipping availability and additional costs that apply once the vehicle arrives in Gabon.
Gabon is located in West Africa. The Atlantic is located to the west of Gabon and it is bound by Cameroon, Congo, and Equatorial Guinea. With picturesque views all around, no wonder travelers stop at Gabon while on their way to some other destination.
Before exporting your vehicle over to Gabon, you will need to turn in the necessary paperwork to customs before the car boards the ship. Once you fill in the paperwork and submit it, you will need to allow up to four weeks for papers to process. Not allowing time to process can cost you extra money and you may be denied access to the ship.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Ports in Gabon
There are several shipping ports in Gabon to choose from when shipping your vehicle including Port Authority of Port Gentil, Marathon Petroleum Gabon, Shell Gabon, Elf Gabon, Office et Rades du Gabon, Port Authorty of Owendo, Perenco Gabon SA, and Kelt Energie.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Gabon
Though international transfers and shipping can be complex, there are specific governmental documentations and procedures that need to be completed. In order to import your vehicle to Gabon, you will need the following documentation:
- Registration card
- Proof of Ownership
- Original Title
- Purchase Invoice
- Chassis number
- Engine Number
- Cubic Capacity
- Year, make, and model of the vehicle
- Receipt for any taxes paid to ship your vehicle
- Taxes are required to ship. The estimated amount will be figured at 53.4% of the cost, freight, and insurance combined
When filling out the paperwork on shipping your vehicle to Gabon, you will be given choices of transportation. One, you can place your vehicle in a secure container that your vehicle will stay in until it reaches its destination. Or second, you can choose to roll on/ roll off your car for transportation. Your budget and vehicle requirements can be a deciding factor.
- Container shipping method: There are pros and cons to each one so you have to go with the one that is right for you. The good reason to use the 20 feet or 40 feet container is maybe you have a new car, exotic, or antique and you don’t want to take the chance of it getting scratched or dented during transport. The shipping container will hold it securely until you are ready to unload it. The container shipping method is more expensive. You may want to share a container with someone who may also be traveling with you in order to reduce the cost.
- Roll on/Roll off method: It is more practical but not as secured. Your vehicle is rolled onto the deck of the ship where it is stabilized and secured until it reaches port. However, it could be exposed to weather elements during transport. If you are just traveling to Gabon to visit or to move, you may feel comfortable with the roll on/ roll off method however if you are selling your car, traveling with antique car shows or want to travel with your classic, then you may feel safer with a container surrounding your possession instead of leaving it open. You will be responsible for paying for someone to load and unload your car into a container.
Though it can become simpler when you complete all documentation, if there is any assistance needed, you can contact the US Embassy at Gabon.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?