Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Gabon
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Gabon
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Typical transport costs for a vehicle going from the United States to Gabon generally fall between $2,400 and $5,000.
- In some cases, it can cost a fair amount more, depending on the current shipping availability and additional costs that apply once the vehicle arrives in Gabon.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Gabon
|Los Angeles to (California port)|
to Port Gentil
|Boston, MA to (New York port)|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port)|
|Portland, OR to (California port)|
|Seattle, WA to (California port)|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port)|
to Port Gentil
|Detroit, MI to (New York port)|
to Port Gentil
|Chicago, IL to (New York port)|
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
to Port Gentil
|Houston, TX to (New York port)|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Gabon is located in West Africa. The Atlantic is located to the west of Gabon and it is bound by Cameroon, Congo, and Equatorial Guinea. With picturesque views all around, no wonder travelers stop at Gabon while on their way to some other destination.
Before exporting your vehicle over to Gabon, you will need to turn in the necessary paperwork to customs before the car boards the ship. Once you fill in the paperwork and submit it, you will need to allow up to four weeks for papers to process. Not allowing time to process can cost you extra money and you may be denied access to the ship.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Ports in Gabon
There are several shipping ports in Gabon to choose from when shipping your vehicle including Port Authority of Port Gentil, Marathon Petroleum Gabon, Shell Gabon, Elf Gabon, Office et Rades du Gabon, Port Authorty of Owendo, Perenco Gabon SA, and Kelt Energie.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Gabon
Though international transfers and shipping can be complex, there are specific governmental documentations and procedures that need to be completed. In order to import your vehicle to Gabon, you will need the following documentation:
- Registration card
- Proof of Ownership
- Original Title
- Purchase Invoice
- Chassis number
- Engine Number
- Cubic Capacity
- Year, make, and model of the vehicle
- Receipt for any taxes paid to ship your vehicle
- Taxes are required to ship. The estimated amount will be figured at 53.4% of the cost, freight, and insurance combined
When filling out the paperwork on shipping your vehicle to Gabon, you will be given choices of transportation. One, you can place your vehicle in a secure container that your vehicle will stay in until it reaches its destination. Or second, you can choose to roll on/ roll off your car for transportation. Your budget and vehicle requirements can be a deciding factor.
- Container shipping method: There are pros and cons to each one so you have to go with the one that is right for you. The good reason to use the 20 feet or 40 feet container is maybe you have a new car, exotic, or antique and you don’t want to take the chance of it getting scratched or dented during transport. The shipping container will hold it securely until you are ready to unload it. The container shipping method is more expensive. You may want to share a container with someone who may also be traveling with you in order to reduce the cost.
- Roll on/Roll off method: It is more practical but not as secured. Your vehicle is rolled onto the deck of the ship where it is stabilized and secured until it reaches port. However, it could be exposed to weather elements during transport. If you are just traveling to Gabon to visit or to move, you may feel comfortable with the roll on/ roll off method however if you are selling your car, traveling with antique car shows or want to travel with your classic, then you may feel safer with a container surrounding your possession instead of leaving it open. You will be responsible for paying for someone to load and unload your car into a container.
Though it can become simpler when you complete all documentation, if there is any assistance needed, you can contact the US Embassy at Gabon.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Gabon
Shipping to Gabon isn’t difficult if you’re just shipping through the postal service. However, if you’re trying to ship heavy equipment or oversized cargo, the process is slightly more involved. You must comply with the nation’s foreign import policies and have all the right technologies and transport equipment readily available. That’s where A1 Auto Transport can help. With our access to everything you need for an overseas transport, we have no doubt we can successfully ship your oversized or heavy cargo to Gabon.
Throughout the past three decades we’ve been helping our customers ship all types of cargo all over the globe. Our shipping services are priced affordably but with the technicalities of shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo overseas, you can expect to pay slightly more than you would for domestic shipping services. Some types of oversized cargo and heavy equipment we have shipped and are able to ship again include:
- Pontoon Boats
- Asphalt Pavers
- Boom Lifts
- Crawler Loaders
- Heavy or Large Trucks
- Motor Graders
- Air Drills
- Cold Planers
- Log Loaders
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Scissor Lifts
- Trenchers and more…
Available International Shipping Methods to Gabon for Oversized & Heavy Cargo
There are only so many ways to logically ship heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another nation especially if it must be delivered overseas. A1 offers four methods of transport to those in this situation. These four options include flat rack, container, roll on/roll off, and lift on/lift off transport. Of course, each of these methods is carried out differently which also affects the rates of each one.
Container transport happens to be the most expensive form of transport since it provides the greatest security from outdoor elements such as bad weather. If your cargo is heavy yet small enough in size to fit into a 40ft shipping container, you’re able to purchase this shipping option through A1.
If you’re looking for the least expensive shipping option for your cargo’s delivery to Gabon, you may want to consider RoRo shipping. This is an open air transport method that many dealerships and manufacturers tend to take advantage of. Although it leaves your cargo open to outdoor elements, it is known for its safe and successful deliveries. Your heavy equipment or large vehicle must be able to roll onto and off of the ship with the help of a ramp.