Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Finland
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Finland
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Though each vehicle shipment is unique, average transport costs when shipping from a car from the U.S. to Finland generally fall between $1,800 and $3,900.
- Air freight is also an option for delivery in the area, though the costs are significantly higher than the numbers listed above.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Finland
|New York, NY to (New York port)|
|Los Angeles to (California port)|
|Boston, MA to (New York port)|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port)|
|Seattle, WA to (California port)|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port)|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port)|
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port)|
|Dallas, TX to (California port)|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Much of the western coast of Finland is bounded by the Gulf of Bothnia or the Baltic Sea, and all of its southern border faces either the Baltic Sea or the Gulf of Finland, including Helsinki Port. From this, it is easy to see that Finland relies a great deal on ocean-going commerce – but that doesn’t mean that shipping a vehicle there is necessarily a piece of cake. To have the best chance of avoiding all possible pitfalls, make sure you hire an international transport company that is well-versed in all aspects of Finland’s trade and shipping regulations.
When you talk with transport companies, they will want to know whether you intend to have your vehicle shipped via the Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO) method, or the alternative, which is containerized shipping. RORO means that the car will be driven on and off the ship under its own power, and will be exposed on deck during transport.
Cars that are shipped in containers are generally loaded and securely blocked by the transport company, and while this is a popular shipping method, it is also a bit more expensive. Some U.S. ports only handle RORO, and some Finnish ports only handle RORO as well, so before your transport company can arrange for shipping, this will need to be settled upon.
You will also have to determine whether the transport company should retrieve your vehicle at your residence and transport it to the port (door-to-port transport), or whether you will drive the vehicle yourself to the port of departure.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Finland
- Certificate of registration.
- Required forms: 53s, 72s, 27As
- Sales invoice & receipt.
- Valid passport.
- Valid insurance policy.
- Driver’s license.
- Certificate of conformity.
- Employment certificate.
- Commercial invoice.
- You will need the original title of the car, a bill of lading showing how it was shipped to Finland, and if there is a lien on the car, written authorization to export from the lienholder.
- Registration, driver’s license, passport, proof of U.S. insurance, proof of Finnish insurance are all required for entry.
- Include one set of keys in the glovebox, and the car should have no more than ¼ tank of gas in it.
- The car should be winterized, if shipping is during the cold season.
- No belongings are allowed inside the vehicle during shipping, especially no valuables.
Information about Customs
- One vehicle may be imported without duty into Finland if the vehicle was owned and used for six months prior to export, and the vehicle qualifies.
- There is a value limit for duty-free vehicles – if your car’s value exceeds this limit, you will be charged a tax that will be determined by customs officials, at their discretion.
- The vehicle must comply with European and U.S. exhaust standards. If it does not, it will be held up in Customs until appropriate modifications can be made to it, and you will be responsible for paying for these.
- Finnish Customs reserves the right to change any rules or regulations to accommodate circumstances, so be prepared for possible glitches.
In most cases, it is not necessary for you to be intimately acquainted with all the details of shipping, and all the international rules and regulations, because a competent and reliable transport company should already have that information, and deal with it at the departure port and the entry port.
But this makes it even more important that you choose the right company to ship your vehicle to Finland, since a company experienced with Finnish shipping and Customs has been through the process many times, and will be aware of all the potential hang-ups. A great many headaches can be avoided by making that first important decision.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Finland
Whether your needs are for business or personal, A-1 Auto Transport is equipped to get your heavy equipment and/or oversized cargo to Finland. It’s not just autos we transport either for we can get mostly any cargo overseas and to your specifications,. We have years of experience in shipping items from a variety of fields including farm equipment (tractors, harvesters and mowers), construction equipment (bulldozers, excavators and dumpers) and even bigger items such as cranes, yachts and machinery.
There really isn’t much that we can’t get transported and if by chance we can’t, we can get you in touch with someone who can. We understand there’s a lot to consider when getting your freight to Finland and we want to make sure all your I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed. Among the many considerations of overseas transport is the type of shipping method/vessel that’ll best suit your heavy or oversized cargo. Size and weight are a big determinant of how your freight will be shipped and some methods are more ideal than others. Below we go into some of the shipping options that A-1 offers.
- Lift On/Lift Off i sa common form of transport for crated heavy equipment or large inoperable vehicles. It requires a crane to lift your cargo and place it on top of the vessel. Especially useful when the freight is either too heavy or too big to use a shipping container.
- Roll On/Roll Off is another common form of transport and is usually the most inexpensive way to transport your operable cargo overseas. For this shipping method, your equipment must roll on and off the ship through the it’s hull. There are also height restrictions for this type of transport
- Shipping with a flat rack gives more flexibility than other shipping options. Acting as a wire framed shipping container, flat racks allow for uniquely shaped equipment to be transported with ease.Your heavy cargo will be secured to a flat rack or metal frame and then placed on the top or back of the ship.
- Container shipping isn’t available for most oversized cargo unless it can fit into the dimensions of a 40ft container. Heavy equipment could benefit from this type of shipping especially if it’s sensitive to the elements or if security is a priority. This is the most expensive form of shipping we have available.
Related Information & FAQs
- Shipping a car to Finland from the USA through container transport guarantees a safer delivery
- Shipping a car to Finland through a reliable transport service is the best way to relocate a vehicle
- Take advantage of auto transport to ship your car to Finland and stay organized during the process
- What to learn about overseas transport before shipping a car to Finland
- Is it worth buying professional shipping services to send my car from US to Finald?
- Import vehicle into USA from Finland