Importing Vehicles Into USA From Finland
When thinking about importing vehicles from Finland or any other country, people prioritize the customs fees and regulations involved. However, the most crucial part of the import vehicle into USA from Finland process is transport. Have you thought about your transport options? Have you found an auto transport company? Do you even know where to find auto transporters who ship from Finland to the US? Read on to find out more on how to transport vehicles from Finland to the USA.
Where to find auto shipping companies
Before beginning the import vehicle into USA from Finland process you need to find a reliable international shipping company. You can ask family and friends who have previously sought a similar service for referrals. However, an online search will yield better results. Concentrate on finding those companies claiming to ship from Finland to the USA. After finding these companies, perform a background search to try and establish which companies have more experience and the best track record.
Check if they are registered with the Better Business Bureau, and check their reviews and ratings. The Department of Transport has a system called Safety and Fitness Electronic Records (SAFER), which they use to keep records of auto transport companies. You can check the safety rating of a company on the SAFER website.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The two-possible means of transport between Finland and the US are air and water. A few auto shipping companies offer air as a means of transport. Air auto transport is fast and convenient. It is a very good option if your destination is a landlocked state in the US. However, the price for air auto transport is steep.
Water transport is the most affordable means. It is offered by most international shipping companies. Most of these companies offer two shipping methods.
- Container shipping: The vehicle is loaded onto a container which is then loaded into a ship. You can deliver the car to the shipping company’s warehouse or have the company pick it up. The vehicle is then loaded into a container alone or with other vehicles. The single use containers are 20 feet long while the shared containers are 40 feet long. Of course, the shared option is cheaper. However, you have to wait for other vehicles headed for the same destination to fill the remaining space.
- RORO shipping method: The vehicle is driven onto the decks of a large ship specially designed to transport automobiles. Once on the deck of the ship, the vehicle is firmly tied down to the deck. These ships carry a lot of vehicles. You have to wait until it is full for it to leave the port so it might not be convenient if you are in a hurry to ship the vehicle. However, this method is cheaper than container shipping.
Both methods have their pros and cons. The safety of your vehicle is our top most priority. We assure you that whichever shipping method you use, your vehicle will arrive in the US safely.
Before shipping the vehicle
There are two main things that one should do before exporting the vehicle from Finland.
- Cleaning the undercarriage – To prevent the importation of foreign soil, which may carry pests, the US Department of Agriculture requires the vehicle undercarriage to be clean. So, make sure the undercarriage is steam cleaned before leaving the port in Finland.
- Prepare the necessary documents – The documents needed before the vehicle leaves Finland are the vehicle purchase invoice, vehicle registration documents, and passport. The US customs will need these documents and the shipper’s bill of lading. If the vehicle does not meet the DOT’s safety standards and the EPA’s emission standards but qualifies for exemptions, you will need to fill DOT’s form HS-7 and EPA’s form 3520-1. These forms identify the entry basis of a non-conforming vehicle into the USA.
When the vehicle arrives
When the vehicle arrives at the port, it has to be cleared by the US Customs and Border Protection. A customs inspection officer will provide you with a CBP Form 7501. The form is proof that the vehicle was cleared by customs. Without it, it is impossible to register an imported vehicle in the US. If you have the documents needed, the officer will assist you to fill the form. Unless you want to leave your car at the port and potentially incur more charges, you should have the proper documents.
With us, the import vehicle into USA from Finland is a simple process. We have experience dealing with the customs regulations. We will assist you to get the proper paperwork for import. Also, after the vehicle is cleared, we will transport it to any part of the US. Visit this page for a quote, or contact us for more information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory