Shipping a Car to Edmonton from the United States.
Importing a vehicle into Canada comes with a set of challenges, from picking a shipper provider to navigating customs. With all you’ve got going on during your move, this is the last thing you want to be burdened with. A-1 Auto Transport takes that problem off your hands. Our decades of knowledge and experience regarding shipping vehicles into Edmonton and other Canadian cities have made A-1 the premier provider for auto transportation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Edmonton is the capital of Canada’s Alberta province, and the fifth-largest municipality in the country. Its location deep inland means the city itself has no port, but fortunately, gently rolling terrain and a vast network of rail and road connections provide easy trade access to destinations all over Canada and internationally.
What are my shipping options?
- Roll-on/Roll-off Shipping): The most economical option, Ro/Ro shipping sees your vehicle driven aboard a carrier and off again at the final destination. Vehicles are secured in place with heavy-duty straps during transit.
- Container Shipping: Those with especially valuable vehicles may opt for the use of cargo containers, rather than risking leaving vehicles exposed to the elements. This offers an additional layer of protection that’s appropriate for antique vehicle transport and similar needs.
There are options for delivery as well: for maximum convenience, try door-to-door service, in which the shipper collects your car right from your doorstep and transports it to the place of your choice within Edmonton. Terminal-to-terminal services are more affordable, though they require customers to drop off and pick-up the vehicle themselves at the terminals of departure and arrival, respectively.
Will I need to complete lots of paperwork?
Fortunately, close coordination between the US and Canadian governments has streamlined the shipping process, and it’s a relatively pain-free process. You will need to arrive with the following documents in tow:
- The vehicle’s original title, or a certified copy.
- Photo ID.
The title must be submitted to the border crossing at least 72 hours in advance, as per the aptly named US Customs 72 Hour Export Law. Note as well that some vehicles may be restricted – check the Canadian Registrar of Imported Vehicles for an overview of exactly which ones are admissible into Canada.
How can I ensure my vehicle is prepared?
Following these steps will get your vehicle ready for shipping quick:
- Clean and vacuum the car to speed along the inspection process.
- Hold onto personal effects – they should not be left in the vehicle.
- Check the functionality of the brakes.
- Conserve battery life by shutting off the alarm system.
- Remove external accessories, like bike racks or auxiliary antennae.
- Fill the fuel tank to roughly 25% of capacity.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?