Ship Your Car To Or From Croatia.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of having a car shipped from the Untied States to Croatia is $1,800 on the low end to over $4,000 on the high end (the type of vehicle, its size, and other factors play a role).
- In some cases, it’s cheaper to have your car shipped to Germany, which is more friendly in terms of offering RORO (roll on, roll off) shipping, before importing it into Croatia.
Those moving to Croatia often consider bringing a vehicle along with them. For folks from the USA, the price differential can be a major factor in this decision – with cars typically being less expensive in the states, it can be more economical to bring your own vehicle over. Of course, importing cars to Croatia or any other country does come with a series of rules, regulations, and fees. A-1 Auto Transport is experienced in navigating these hurdles and ensuring a smooth and painless process.
Here’s a brief rundown on everything you’ll need to know before shipping your car to Croatia.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
- Slavonski Brod
- Velika Gorica
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Croatia.
Located on the Adriatic Sea, Croatia is home to many ports, including Split, Bakar, Dubrovnik, Ploče, and Zadar. Though land-based transportation via another European country is an option, most will opt for the convenience of speedier arrival via freight ship. Croatia-bound ships depart the USA weekly, while many routes from other EU countries are even more frequent. Transit time to a Croatian port is therefore generally low and reasonable.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Croatia.
In order to import a car into Croatia, you’ll need various documents including:
- Sales contract (verified by a notary)
- Homologation form from licensed authority (more on this in the next section)
- Original title of the car.
- Bill of sale.
- Bill of lading.
- Authorization for export of the vehicle from the lien owner (only if car is currently being financed)
In the event that the car is of European origin, two additional documents will be required:
- EUR1 Certificate proving European origin of car.
- Statement from supplier regarding European origin of car.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Homologation refers to safety and other modifications made to vehicles, to ensure that they meet the requirements of the destination country. All vehicles entering the EU from an outside nation, such as the USA, will need to undergo this process before they can be registered in their new home. Note that there are no facilities in Croatia offering this service. Homologation will have to be performed before departure from the United States, or in a middleman country such as Germany or Spain, before arrival in Croatia.
Types of Shipping.
There are a couple of ways to ship vehicles into Croatia. The primary methods are:
- RoRo (Roll on/Roll off)
- Container shipping.
The RoRo option is generally the more affordable of the two. It involves simply driving the car or motorcycle onto a ship or plane, where it is secured in place for the trip and driven off at the destination country. Container shipping is more expensive but may be appropriate for special cars or antiques of greater value, as it offers unparalleled protection from collisions and from the elements. Loading a car into a container is a specialized function that should be left to the experts.
Preparing Your Car for Shipping.
Before handing the car over to the shipping agent, follow this short checklist of preparatory steps:
- Clean the vehicle completely, inside and out (this avoids quarantine time and expedites the shipping process)
- Leave only around a quarter tank of fuel.
- Make note of all dents and scratches, and obtain a signed verification from the shipping agent.
- Ensure the vehicle.
- Remove any personal belongings.
When importing a car into Croatia, be prepared to pay a customs duty dependent on the value of the car. You will also have to obtain local registration if you are staying in the country for longer than three months.
Related Information & FAQs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory