The panoramic city of Zagreb is the capital and the largest city in Croatia. Nestled in the foothills of the Medvednica Mountain along the meandering River Sava, the city is the hub of all commercial, scientific research institutes, government and industries. Nearly all of the major businesses and companies have the headquarters in Zagreb.
Citizen returning to Croatia or US expatriates moving on business prefer importing their vehicles here as the cost of cars is less in U.S. However, there are legal regulations and duties that need to be considered when you import cars to Zagreb or any other city in Croatia. However, working with A-1 Auto Transport service can smoothen out the whole process as we have a strong network of auto transporters in Europe.
It is easy to ship the vehicle to Zagreb as Croatia is strategically situated on the Adriatic Sea with multiple ports Zadar, Split, Dubrovnik and Bakar facilitating the transfer by land to the city. Most of the Croatia bound ships depart from US ports every week so there is no delay in shipping your vehicle. It is best to talk with us about the right weather and ways to ship to Zagreb.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There is necessary documentation and legal formalities to adhere to when you need to import your car to Zagreb, Croatia. These are reviewed by the Croatia Custom Directorate and include:
- Title deed.
- Bill of lading.
- Bill of sale.
- Notary signed sales contract.
- In case the car is of a European manufacture, you will need to submit Supplier’s statement and Certificate of EUR1 (proof of EU origin).
Additionally, when importing into Croatia, it is essential to have the Homologation form which proves that the necessary modifications and safety requirements are fulfilled. Cars and other vehicles being imported into EU countries need to undergo this process before it can be registered in Zagreb. As this facility is not available in any city of Croatia, the process will have to be completed in USA or any of the other EU countries before it reaches Croatia port. If you are staying in Zagreb for more than three months, you will need local registration for your car. Additionally, you will need to pay the custom duties and other taxes at the time of delivery.
Methods of freight shipping.
The most common methods of freight shipping cars and other vehicles include
- RoRo (Roll on/Roll off): The car is driven on and secured for transit. No personal belongings or accessories within the car are allowed. You need to ensure spare tire, keys and floor mats are there along with minimum gas to drive off the ship is needed. It is affordable.
- Container shipping: It is perfect for expensive or vintage cars as the vehicle is enclosed and secured within a container. It offers higher safety and protection from elements of nature and deck collisions.
For faster processing and delivery, it is important to ensure that the car is prepped before departure from U.S port. It is important to clean the steam-clean the car to avoid quarantine at Croatia port. Additionally, only leave a quarter tank of fuel and remove air conditioning gas before handing it over to our shipping agent. If you are looking to get more details about shipping your vehicle to Croatia, you may look up the details at Embassy of Croatia in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory