Conakry is the capital as well as the largest city of Guinea. It is also a port city on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. It also serves as the financial, cultural and economic center of Guinea.
If you need to import your car into Guinea, there are a few things that you need to be aware of. The climate, for once, is something that has to be accounted for as from April through November the roads are usually flooded due to the monsoons and the rain storms. As it is an international procedure to ship a car from USA to Guinea, when you prepare your vehicle for shipping, there are also a few procedures and a few documents that you need to prepare.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motor Vehicle Regulations.
When you plan to get your car exported from USA, you would need to be aware of the regulations for shipping a motor vehicle in Guinea and you would need to abide by them for faster clearances and to be able to drive it. The basic auto import regulations of Guinea are:
- You have to pay taxes when a new car is shipped.
- The taxes are based on the freight, insurance, year, type and cost of the car.
- There is also an RDL tax which is assessed on new cars and it’s no less than 2% of the value of the car.
You would also need to make sure that you deliver the following documents to by Guinea Motor Vehicle in order to import your vehicle to Conakry:
- Title deed.
- Insurance policy.
- Bill of Sale ( Original ).
- Value appraisal certificate.
- Document stating the capacity of the engine/chassis number.
You can also contact the Embassy of Guinea in Washington, DC for any further information regarding the shipping.
Prior to the shipping.
You would need to speak to one of our shipping agents and understand all of the details about the shipping. The agent is going to go over all of them thoroughly and provide you with a total shipping quote for the entire process. This is done after he determines the variables such as the shipping method you prefer and the specifications of your vehicle. There are several ports of entry into the country and our agent should provide you with assistance in determining which one is best for you.
There are two primary shipping methods that the majority of people tend to prefer due to the comparatively low costs. The first one is the Ro-Ro Shipping and the second one is the Container shipping.
- Ro-Ro Shipping is a method which would require you to drive your vehicle onto a shipping deck in a freight ship. The car is then fastened to the deck and shipped as it is. You are not allowed to carry any kinds of personal belongings. That’s why this is the cheapest and quickest transportation method.
- Container Shipping, on the other hand, would provide you with the chance to ship a car in a privately chosen container of 20ft or 40ft based on your preferences. You can ship other belongings in the container and this is more expensive than the first method because of the container. It’s also slower because there are more checkpoints.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.