Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Ship Your Car To Or From China.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a vehicle to China from the U.S. is most often in the price range of$2,500 to $6,000, with the lower cost reflecting the cheapest price for shipping a normal car, and the higher representing oversized vehicles or premium services.
- Be sure to check Chinese import laws and taxes before importing a vehicle into the country from the U.S.
Having a car transported from the U.S. to another country can be tricky, depending on the current status of our trade relations and the differences in laws, taxation, and valuation of vehicles in each country. When it comes to having a car moved from America to China, here’s a few of the important laws and regulations to keep in mind:
- Used motor vehicles can only be imported for personal use.
- Left-hand drive vehicles only.
- No cars more than 20 years old can be shipped to China.
- Cars that run on diesel can be imported.
- Electric & hybrid cars can be shipped, but are harder to find parts for.
These tips are a good overview of what type of vehicles you can and cannot bring into China, but we encourage our clients to touch base with the U.S. Embassy In China (link at bottom) to ensure that there have been no updates or changes to the existing import and export laws between the United States and China. We make sure to contact the appropriate embassies, consulates and governing bodies before shipping any vehicle to another country.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
- Hong Kong
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To China.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping A Car To China | Taxes, Duties & Laws.
For most people, the information that’s most important when it comes to shipping your vehicle to another country is taxes. Some countries may levy huge taxes on certain vehicles or just maintain a high standard duty, both of which can be significant financial hurdles to deal with when importing a car.
It used to be difficult and costly to have a motor vehicle shipped to China from the U.S., but that has not been the case since 2011, when certain duties were relaxed in trade relations between the two countries. Still, it can be quite expensive to move a car from the U.S. to China–sometimes the total costs, taxes & duties of shipping a vehicle can exceed the cost of the automobile itself.
The basic taxation rate after the termination of the prior agreement is around 17% for the VAT (value added tax) on motor vehicles imported to China, which is calculated using the value of the auto.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To China.
- Customs office application.
- Cargo declaration (bill of lading)
- Original purchase invoice for valuation.
- Business license & customs certificate.
- Passport and Chinese residency card.
- Vehicle check by the Environmental Bureau (see link below)
- Import permit.
Resources For China Vehicle Transport.
Exporting A Motor Vehicle – From the U.S. Customs & Border Patrol, a definition of terms and explanation of what’s required when exporting a motor vehicle to another country from the United States.
Ministry of Environmental Protection – Every vehicle that is shipped to China from another country is subject to the environmental laws and standards that are upheld by the Ministry of Environmental Protection.
U.S. Embassy In China – The go-to resource for information about living, moving or importing goods into China from the United States.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Have your car safely shipped from the US to China
- Is the cost to ship a car to China from the US worth it?
- What is the average price for shipping a car to China?
- What you need to know before shipping a car to Hong Kong?
- Exporting used cars from the US to China
- Shipping a car to China from the US through an overseas transport company
- How transport companies calculate the cost to ship a car to Hong Kong?
- Don’t Make These Common Mistakes If You’re Shipping a Car to Hong Kong from America
- Container ship your car to Hong Kong
- Follow the import laws of Hong Kong to ship a car there from the US
- The best shipping method for transporting a car to Macau from the US
- Shipping a vehicle to Macau: the process
- Ship a car to Macau through an international transport service