- Car Shipping China
- Ship Your Car To Or From China
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To China
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To China
- Shipping A Car To China | Taxes, Duties & Laws
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To China
- Resources For China Vehicle Transport
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To China
- Types Of Heavy Equipment And Oversized Cargo We Can Transport Internationally
- A1’S International Transport Methods
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping China
Ship Your Car To Or From China
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a vehicle to China from the U.S. is most often in the price range of$2,500 to $6,000, with the lower cost reflecting the cheapest price for shipping a normal car, and the higher representing oversized vehicles or premium services.
- Be sure to check Chinese import laws and taxes before importing a vehicle into the country from the U.S.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to China
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Dalian||$275||$2,300||5+41|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Dalian||$350||$2,100||5+24|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Dalian||$400||$2,300||5+41|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Dalian||$450||$2,100||5+24|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Tianjin||$550||$1,800||6+17|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Xingang||$550||$2,000||6+14|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Dalian||$700||$2,300||6+41|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Dalian||$700||$2,300||6+41|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Tianjin||$775||$1,800||7+17|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Dalian||$925||$2,300||7+41|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Having a car transported from the U.S. to another country can be tricky, depending on the current status of our trade relations and the differences in laws, taxation, and valuation of vehicles in each country. When it comes to having a car moved from America to China, here’s a few of the important laws and regulations to keep in mind:
- Used motor vehicles can only be imported for personal use.
- Left-hand drive vehicles only.
- No cars more than 20 years old can be shipped to China.
- Cars that run on diesel can be imported.
- Electric & hybrid cars can be shipped, but are harder to find parts for.
These tips are a good overview of what type of vehicles you can and cannot bring into China, but we encourage our clients to touch base with the U.S. Embassy In China (link at bottom) to ensure that there have been no updates or changes to the existing import and export laws between the United States and China. We make sure to contact the appropriate embassies, consulates and governing bodies before shipping any vehicle to another country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
- Hong Kong
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To China
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Shipping A Car To China | Taxes, Duties & Laws
For most people, the information that’s most important when it comes to shipping your vehicle to another country is taxes. Some countries may levy huge taxes on certain vehicles or just maintain a high standard duty, both of which can be significant financial hurdles to deal with when importing a car.
It used to be difficult and costly to have a motor vehicle shipped to China from the U.S., but that has not been the case since 2011, when certain duties were relaxed in trade relations between the two countries. Still, it can be quite expensive to move a car from the U.S. to China--sometimes the total costs, taxes & duties of shipping a vehicle can exceed the cost of the automobile itself.
The basic taxation rate after the termination of the prior agreement is around 17% for the VAT (value added tax) on motor vehicles imported to China, which is calculated using the value of the auto.
Process of registering a vehicle in China.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To China
- Customs office application.
- Cargo declaration (bill of lading)
- Original purchase invoice for valuation.
- Business license & customs certificate.
- Passport and Chinese residency card.
- Vehicle check by the Environmental Bureau (see link below)
- Import permit.
Resources For China Vehicle Transport
- Exporting A Motor Vehicle - From the U.S. Customs & Border Patrol, a definition of terms and explanation of what’s required when exporting a motor vehicle to another country from the United States.
- Ministry of Environmental Protection - Every vehicle that is shipped to China from another country is subject to the environmental laws and standards that are upheld by the Ministry of Environmental Protection.
- U.S. Embassy In China - The go-to resource for information about living, moving or importing goods into China from the United States.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To China
Shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo to China or any other nation in the world, is a job for professional international transport companies. Complying with foreign import laws is difficult enough but without the right transport equipment, you could be in for even more of a hassle. Fortunately, there aren’t many types of heavy equipment or oversized cargo that A1 Auto Transport can’t ship at an affordable rate.
Types of Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo We Can Transport Internationally
We’ve shipped everything from industrial, farming, mining, paving, construction, and engineering equipment to places inside and outside of the U.S. Some of the types of cargo we’ve shipped for these industries include…
- Asphalt Pavers
- Pile Drivers
- Large Vehicles (EX: Dump Trucks)
- Haulers and More…
A1’s International Transport Methods
It takes careful planning, precision and training to carry out a transport for heavy equipment. It also takes the use of durable haulers and shipping equipment. Because of our resources, we are able to offer four different overseas shipping methods.
- Flat Rack- your cargo is secured to a metal frame that is placed atop the ship.
- Container Shipping- your cargo is protected within a 40ft shipping container as long it can fit in even with some disassembly.
- Roll On/Roll Off- your cargo must be operable so that it can be driven onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Lift On/Lift Off- your inoperable vehicle or crated cargo is lifted onto the ship and off of the ship using a crane.
All of these methods are very safe but depending on the type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo you plan to ship, not all of these methods may be available to you. A1’s representatives will inform you of your options when you call in. Nevertheless, all of these shipping options are paired with free insurance coverage.
Related Information & FAQs
- Have your car safely shipped from the US to China
- Is the cost to ship a car to China from the US worth it?
- What is the average price for shipping a car to China?
- What you need to know before shipping a car to Hong Kong?
- Exporting used cars from the US to China
- Shipping a car to China from the US through an overseas transport company
- How transport companies calculate the cost to ship a car to Hong Kong?
- Container ship your car to Hong Kong
- Follow the import laws of Hong Kong to ship a car there from the US
- Shipping a vehicle to Macau: the process
- Ship a car to Macau through an international transport service