Cancun is a city in Mexico that is famous for tourism. Cancun is located on the Caribbean Sea and the crystal clear waters tend to attract many tourists. Some people come to reside here due to the many attractions and the fabulous nightlife.
The downtown center of Cancun consists of super blocks and is surrounded by residential living. The cost of living in Cancun is high considering it is such a desirable place to be. With the beautiful scenery and extensive road networks, having your own vehicle might be in your best interest.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Requirements for Vehicle Shipment.
There are several requirements for vehicle shipment. However, they are easy to fulfill for the most part and vehicle shipment is very possible. Below, you will find the requirements and documentation needed. It is always best to contact the Embassy of Mexico too, considering the policies can change at any time.
- The vehicle must be at least 5 years of age.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- License, passport, picture ID, registered voter’s license, visa- two of forms of ID are needed.
There are two main forms of shipping and both of them are sufficient ways to ship a vehicle. It really comes down to a matter of preference and your budget.
While not all ports accept the RO/RO shipping method, it is always a cheaper option. RO/RO shipping requires the vehicle to drive onto and off of the ship without anything in the vehicle. The only exceptions include a car jack, a spare tire and floor mats.
Container shipping allows a person to ship other property as well. This property can be kept in the vehicle or even in the container. Containers can be shared with another individual which will help cut the cost.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory