Shipping a Car to Georgia from the United States
Shipping A Car To Georgia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Auto shipping costs to Georgia from the U.S. are most often between $2,200 and $5,300.
- Under the right circumstances, you may be able to find something slightly cheaper, depending on availability and point of origin within the U.S.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Georgia
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Poti||$275||$2,400||5+35|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Poti||$350||$3,200||5+45|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Poti||$450||$3,200||5+45|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Batumi||$475||$3,300||6+45|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Batumi||$550||$3,300||6+45|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Poti||$575||$2,400||6+35|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Poti||$700||$2,400||6+35|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Poti||$800||$2,400||6+35|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Poti||$925||$2,400||7+35|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Poti||$1,025||$3,200||7+45|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Those moving to the country of Georgia from the USA frequently consider bringing their vehicle along as well, as Georgian public transport can be unreliable or overcrowded. US- or Japanese-manufactured cars are rarely seen for sale in Georgia, with most vehicles in the country originating in Russia.
Georgia does not manufacture cars itself but has instead simplified the procedure for imports. Fortunately, for repairs and other maintenance needs, spare parts are now easily available locally for US and Japanese cars.
Bordering the Black Sea, Georgia is host to numerous ports – though most vehicle arrivals pass through the port at Poti. Thanks to regular departures from the USA, and connections to the Atlantic – via the Mediterranean Sea and a series of straights – shipments to the Black Sea can be made in relatively short time.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Georgia
Before exporting a vehicle from the US to Georgia, you’ll need to obtain the required documents to take it out of the country. These include:
- Proof of ownership (or proof of power of attorney over the property, if you are not the owner)
- Original title of car
- Bill of sale
- Permission from the lien holder (if applicable)
- Contact information of the lien holder (if applicable)
- Bill of lading
- Copy of passport and visa
- Full vehicle information
- Certificate or Origin
- A statement attesting to the engine capacity of the vehicle will also be necessary for importation into Georgia specifically.
Georgia is flexible in allowing for the importation of both used and new cars, though the import tax is calculated differently for each. For new cars, engine capacity forms the basis for tariff determination, while used cars will impose an additional duty based on the age of the vehicle.
Cargo Notification Rules
Security considerations have made Georgia impose a Cargo Notification system. Under these regulations, all goods destined for delivery in a Georgian port must be reported at least 24 hours in advance of arrival. Failure to report may result in delays or denials by customs clearance. Experience shipping companies like A-1 Auto Transport will take care of this formality.
Types of Shipment
Now that you’ve made the decision to ship your car to Georgia, the next step is to decide whether Ro/Ro (roll on/roll off) or container shipping is right for you. The more economical option, Ro/Ro has your vehicle simply driven aboard the ship, while the more expensive containers provide the additional protection some luxury or antique car owners require.
To assure a smooth and stress-free experience, be sure to follow these steps before shipping your vehicle:
- Clean the interior and exterior thoroughly – this reduces quarantine delays
- Fill the fuel tank roughly one-quarter full
- Remove all personal belongings from the interior
- Inspect the car along with the shipping agent, and record all dents and scratches. You’ll want to obtain a signed copy of this document, for your own protection.
- Ensure the vehicle
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Georgia
The need for oversized cargo and heavy equipment shipping services is shared all over the world. That’s why A1 Auto Transport offers affordable international shipping services to anyone trying to ship cargo overseas. We are able to use the best transport equipment and latest technology to ship any type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo wherever it needs to go. Here are some examples of heavy and oversized cargo we can transport nationally and internationally:
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Pontoon Boats
- Construction Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Even if the cargo you need to ship isn’t listed above, give us a call anyway. We almost always have a solution. With every shipping service purchase, we add on insurance coverage according to our state minimum. To protect the entire value of your cargo, we offer additional insurance packages at low costs.
Ways to Have Your Heavy Cargo Shipped Overseas Safely
Through A1, there are four overseas transport methods available. However, the methods available to you are determined by the type of cargo you’re shipping to the country of Georgia. Once you inform us of the type of equipment or cargo you have to transport, we will inform you of your options. They will include one or more of the following:
- Flat Rack- this is an open air shipping service that secures your cargo to a metal flat rack before it is placed on the top of the ship. Securing it to the metal frame prevents your cargo from shifting during its delivery process overseas.
- LoLo Shipping- this open air shipping service is recommended to those with inoperable vehicles or crated equipment. A crane is used to lift your cargo onto and off of the ship.
- RoRo Shipping- this is the most affordable and favored open air shipping service. This shipping method is available to those with equipment and vehicles that can be easily driven on and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Container Shipping- this method of transport is an enclosed service that provides more protection than your other options. Your cargo is protected from outside elements that could cause it harm.