Ship a Motorcycle to Germany
Shipping a motorcycle to Germany from the United States is a great idea for anyone visiting the country for an extended stay or moving there permanently. In fact, shipping a motorcycle to the country is easier than you may assume, especially if you hire an experienced auto transport company. There is a lot involved in the process of shipping a bike to another country, allow longstanding transport professionals guide you through the process. The Embassy of Germany can also provide you with invaluable information regarding the laws and tax rates associated with your motorcycle’s entry into the nation.
The Cheapest Way to Ship Your Motorcycle
The least expensive way to ship a motorcycle from the USA to Germany is through open air transport methods. Open air methods exist for both ground transport and overseas shipping. Ground transport includes the use of a car hauler or flatbed trailer. To ship a bike overseas, the motorcycle is secured atop a flatbed freight ship.
Although open air transport leaves the motorcycle open to the possibility of poor weather conditions, this shipping method is known for its reliability. With the transporter’s insurance coverage, you can rest assured that your bike is protected no matter what. Before buying open air services, make sure there are seaports near the country that accept this method. If not, your transport company will find the nearest port to deliver to and will then supply ground transport for the rest of the bike’s journey to its home in Germany.
Aside from paying the costs of shipping services to the transport company, you’ll also be responsible to pay all taxes associated with auto import in Germany. As of current times, the duty on imported autos in Germany is 10% and there’s also a value added tax (VAT) of 20%. For motorcycles, the duty is usually between 6% and 8%. For more information about the value added tax for import into the country, call the Embassy of Germany.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory