There are a number of ways one can go about transporting a motorcycle to Portland Maine. The way a customer chooses to get their bike to this charming city is which method is most convenient. A motorcycle ride through Portland is always accompanied by the signature smell of the sea. Being that Portland is the most populated city in Maine, a motorcycle is a very convenient means of getting from one place to the next.
With all the different methods available for someone to transport a vehicle it may be a bit confusing to those who haven’t done it before. The person in charge of handling the bike as it is being transported is well aware of the dangers that the highway has to offer. They have been trained to handle transporting a motorcycle to a set standard that will result in the bike being delivered without any issues.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods Available for Transporting a Motorcycle.
- Enclosed Transportation.
- Open Air Transportation.
- Door to Door Transportation.
- Terminal to Terminal Transportation.
- Crated Transportation.
Standard Procedure the Customer Must Follow Before Transportation.
The longer the distance between the bike and the destination, the higher the risk of damages. It is important that the customer completes a few tasks to ensure that the shipping process goes smoothly.
- Clean dirt, dust and deposits from the motorcycle.
- Remove any loose accessories and objects that can damage the bike during transportation.
- Turn off the security alarm if the bike has one installed.
- Check tire pressure, fluids and battery.
- Gas reading should not be filled higher than ¼ tank before transportation.
- Document and list any damages to the motorcycle before transportation.
Transporting the bike by crate may require the customer to remove the handlebars and mirrors, disconnect the battery and drain the fluids.
Portland, ME Transport Companies to Contact.
711 Lisbon Rd.
Lisbon Falls, ME 04252.
87 Scribner Blvd.
Lewiston, ME 04240.
85 Bay Rd.
Farmington, NH 03835.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?