Port To Port Overseas Motorcycle Shipping
Thinking of shipping your motorcycle from one place to another? Possibly importing one from an overseas country or shipping bikes to overseas countries from the United States? Well, don’t sweat. A-1 Auto Transport Inc. deals with shipping of all automobiles, including standard vehicles, RVs, SUVs, ATVs, and even motorcycles! We have been in the industry for the last two decades. We know what it takes to offer port to port overseas motorcycle shipping. For 20 years, we have transported all types of motorcycles on an international level for private clients, auto shows, travelers, expatriates, collectors, and motorcycle enthusiasts. We have the technology, state of the art equipment, the man power and professional networks to ensure the safe and swift shipping of motorcycles to various ports around the globe.
Ports we ship to and from
We have affiliations with almost all major cargo and container ports in the USA. Our rich business network over the years has grown. We ship to over 15 international cargo and container ports. We transport hundreds and hundreds of motorcycles in a month to the various ports around the world. We pride ourselves in having such a successful shipping company whose foundation is providing satisfactory world class auto transportation to our clients.
Port to port overseas motorcycle shipping requires planning in advance. This involves making arrangements beforehand. Acquiring a suitable shipping company is paramount. A great shipping company like ours will provide shipping tips. For example – advice on what shipping option to go for, how much the overall costs will be, and any other particulars. Once the shipping particulars are taken care of, then the motorcycle is loaded onto the shipping vessel and transported to the destination.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motorcycle shipping options
We offer a number of motorcycle shipping options to our clients. The options are mainly categorized in the manner in which the motorcycle is shipped. First and foremost, port to port overseas motorcycle shipping involves transporting the said bikes from one port to another port. Also, the destination port acts as the designated pickup point from which the client picks the motorcycle from. Here are the international port to port shipping options we offer to our clients.
- Roll on, Roll off (Ro/Ro): Under this option, the motorcycles are transported in an open air manner on the cargo vessel. The motorcycle is pushed onto the cargo ship, from where it is internally secured using the ship’s built-in strap gear. The strap mechanism uses tie-downs and skids to ensure that the motorcycles remain in place throughout the entire journey, even in case of a rough sea. It is the cheapest option available for overseas bike shipping.
- Crate shipping: Motorcycles are shipped inside enclosed shipping crates designed to fit the size of the bike. The crates have in-built strap mechanisms which fasten the motorcycle in place. This is for it not to lean or fall over during transit. The entire crate is then lifted and placed in the shipping vessel which has pallets installed to hold the crates in place. This type of port to port overseas motorcycle shipping option is also known as palletized bike shipping. Every motorcycle is normally shipped in its own shipping crate, with occasional instances of two motorcycles being shipped together in one customized shipping crate. This option is more expensive compared to roll on, roll off. The upside of this is, the motorcycle is protected against external hazards like hail and huge waves. It’s an ideal option for new motorcycles or vintage/classic/collector motorcycles.
- Container shipping: Just like normal vehicles are shipped in enclosed cargo containers, so are motorcycles. This is a cost-effective motorcycle shipping option because several bikes are shipped in one large container, creating a cost-sharing opportunity for clients. Container shipping offers the option of shipping the motorcycles inside their own crates or shipping the bikes without the crates. In case of the latter, the motorcycles are held in place by straps and tie-downs to hold them in place during the entire journey. Container shipping is also the safest option available as the enclosed containers are made of thick metallic structures that can protect the motorcycles against all forms of external hazards.
How much port to port overseas motorcycle shipping costs?
Generally, overseas shipping costs depend on the type of automobile, the automobile profile, distance covered, mode of shipping, rates, and taxes paid, among other things. This remains true also for motorcycle shipping. The type of motorcycle, the year of manufacture, the mode of shipping and any taxes and customs paid at the ports all determine the cost of shipping the motorcycle from port to port.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory