Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port Of Honolulu, Hawaii
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From the Port of Honolulu
The Port of Honolulu; one of Hawaii’s finest harbors, transformed a dull little fishing village into a booming economic hub for the government. Honolulu is a tourist’s favorite thanks to being dominated by an eye-catching waterfront coupled with a striking backdrop of the bare Ko’lau Mountains. The port has the pulse of the entire island at its fingertips with large ships loading and discharging cargo around the clock. Although household goods are the leading revenue earners at this port, shipments of vehicles also make a noteworthy contribution.
Hawaii being an island, there are only a handful auto movers capable of shipping cars to or from the port of Honolulu. For this reason, some may choose to be lax with the quality offered. So it calls for vigilance on your end to find a suitable transporter when shipping your vehicle. Look for a trusted and reliable auto shipper by reading online testimonials and ascertaining they are adequately insured, licensed, and bonded.
Also consider the following:
Mode of shipment
There are two primary options available to you when shipping cars to or from port of Honolulu. You can go with the standard shipping method of roll on roll off. With this service your automobile will be shipped alongside several other vehicles in a vessel that allows for easy loading and offloading of the cars.
The other option is container shipping in which the vehicle will be transported in a fully-enclosed 20 ft. container with a roof and sides. Your automobile will have sufficient protection from all weather and sea elements. This mode of transport is often utilized by owners of exotic high-end classic and luxury models.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You will bear the cost of four types of fees when shipping cars to or from the port of Honolulu either directly or indirectly. This include
- Port entry fees: Any ship entering Honolulu harbor has to incur port entry fees. The amount is often based upon the length of the ship; the longer it, is the steeper the charge.
- Wharfage charges: A wharf is an area at the harbor where ships can dock, unload and offload their cargo. This cost is charged to the shipping line on the basis of four categories; inter-island shipment, incoming domestic overseas-for ships from mainland of US, outgoing overseas, and incoming foreign overseas.
- Demurrage: This is a charge payable to the owner of a chartered ship in respect of failure to load or discharge the ship within the time agreed. In essence this charge should not trickle down to you unless the delay at the wharf, terminal or pier was caused by you. If your preferred method of delivery is port-to-port, make a point of ensuring that your cargo is delivered or taken in due time lest you incur this charge.
- Dockage charges: Any vessel utilizing the dock of Honolulu harbor will have to bear this cost. This is, therefore, an indirect payment on your part to your auto shipper. Note that those vessels using dolphins, manmade structures that aid in anchoring a ship, will only bear half the cost.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping cars to or from the port of Honolulu.