Safe And Reliable Palm Springs Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Why do we hire motorcycle shipping companies? The number one reason is the high level of security offered and guaranteed compensation if the motorbikes are damage while in the hands of the transportation companies. The following are more reasons why bikes owners in Palm Springs hire motorcycle shippers to move their bikes in and out of the city.
- Unfriendly or harsh weather. For instance, in stormy weather, riding a bike is deemed dangerous.
- If the health of the rider is at stake. Those suffering from spinal injuries are advised not to ride bikes for long distances.
- If the motorbikes are new and the owners have not yet registered them with the department of transport.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Crated service. Many shipping companies recommend the use of wood when building pallets. We take measurements of your bike and help you build one that fits well.
- Enclosed carrier service. If the destination is very far, we highly recommend this method. The aluminum body can withstand many external factors like harsh weather and rocks.
- Open carrier service. This is a budget method of shipping. It is also safe even though we do not recommend it to persons looking to move bikes to very far destinations.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
After deciding on the shipper who will do the job, they will give you tips on how to prepare your bike. Some of the common steps are:
- Checking for mechanical defects in the engine. If you are unfamiliar with this, call your expert to do it well.
- Appropriately inflating the tires. You can use a pressure gauge to determine the level of pressure so as to avoid over-inflating or under-inflating.
- Withdrawing the fluids from the bike. Corrosion or explosion can be a result of these fluids leaking while the bike is in transit.
- Disconnecting the GPS and alarm system.
- Removing all personal items stored in the bike’s storage units or saddlebags. In most cases the risk of losing private items is not covered by the insurance firms.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
The shipping company you choose is the number one determinant of the outcome of your shipping. As usual, rogue companies will cause trouble while reliable shippers will give you nothing short of quality services. To verify worthiness of a shipper you should consider looking at:
- The number of options that the shipping company offers. A reliable motorcycle shipper will present their customer with several options. After a detailed explanation, the client can pick the option which fits his/her budget and preference.
- Is the shipper willing to personalize the services? At times the customer might want to have their bikes moved to their present location, such as hotel, recreation park, or office. The shipper should customize the service until the client is fully satisfied.
- Does the shipper hold the needed papers such as certificates and licenses? Never entrust you bike to shippers who cannot show their licenses upon request. Licenses are a guarantee that the shipper has been vetted by the authority and confirmed to be legit.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- A-1 Auto Transport has emerged as a top shipping partner in Palm Springs and other cities in the United States because of the equipment, tools, and materials we use. They are made of durable fabrics and metal. We have the hydraulic lifts services to prevent mishaps during loading and offloading.
- Our services can be afforded by practically any motorcycle owner out there. If you have a very low budget, we will discuss the options that can be used and go ahead with the process if you are okay with what is agreed on.
- Training is a compulsory undertaking for every worker in our company. Before starting their official duties, new recruits are supposed to undergo intensive training. Also, existing staff members undergo training regularly as a measure to improve efficiency.
Our Palm Springs motorcycle shipping services
- Free motorcycle tracking.
- Free temporary storage.
- Free haulage advice.
- Toll-free calls.
- Free shipping estimates.
Talk to us!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.