Los Angeles is a fast paced city full of life. There are many attractions such as downtown L.A. and Hollywood Boulevard. Many people come from all over to visit the city each year. So, whether you are going there for a while to visit and explore, or even going to reside there, make sure you ship your motorcycle too.
Even though you could just ride your motorcycle to the city, it would stop you from being able to bring other belongings along with you. Not to mention, it will put miles on the bike and possibly even damage it during the trip. Shipping your motorcycle is a relatively cheap and safer option. Then, your motorcycle will be there for you when you're ready to take it for a spin down the Los Angeles coastline.
What Are My Shipment Options?
Motorcycle shipment to Los Angeles, California is simple when you hire the right company. Many companies will offer a variety of different shipment methods and even have insurance to offer their customers for their shipment. The key is to find a shipment method you can feel safe with and then find a company that offers this method.
- Crated shipping requires that the bike be drained of all fluids and the battery must be disconnected. Some companies will want the handlebars and mirrors removed as well. This is the safest shipping method. The bike will be strapped down on a wooden pallet and placed within a container for shipment.
- Enclosed shipping is another safe method in which the motorcycle is placed in a trailer or enclosed container.
- Open air shipping leaves the bike open to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions. The bike is placed on an open flatbed trailer.
- Terminal to terminal is a cheaper method, yet it will require the bike to be dropped off and picked up at a shipping terminal. This can be inconvenient if the terminal isn't near you.
- Door to door shipping is when the shipping company picks the motorcycle up from you and drops it off at a specified destination.
Motorcycle Shipment Companies Found in Los Angeles.
Patriot Auto Transport.
8605 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90069
Montway Auto Transport
5405 Wilshire Blvd. #250
Los Angeles, CA 90036
AmPm Auto Transport
2870 Los Feliz Pl. Suite 101
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Lepke Auto Transport
Los Angeles, CA
Numis Auto Transport
515 S. Flower St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.