Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Indiana
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Best Indiana Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
No one likes to go through the stress and headaches of moving. The first thing you have to do is pack everything you own into neat little boxes. Then, you have to convince your friend with a truck to help you with the promise of free pizza. There is the heavy lifting, fitting bulky furniture down narrow hallways, and the hope that nothing broke. It isn’t a whole lot of fun, but you can take some of the frustration out moving by hiring a professional Indiana moving company to help.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in Indiana? You have a move coming, and unlike others that have happened up until this point, this one is significant. While most moves feel like a big job, the out-of-state moves tend to feel more overwhelming. If you’re planning a jump from Indiana to a new state, we hope this move brings a new exciting chapter. But, before you get there, you have actually to get the contents of your home transported, right? A1 Auto Transport is the team for the job.
We suggest while you’re packing, assign items to rooms to make organization easier. You can also create small handwritten signs that you can place on the doors of rooms to help in the loading and unloading process. When you use a checklist and an organizational approach to your move, you’ll alleviate the chance of items getting lost, which happens all too often during transport. This will also maximize your time so you can have an efficient move without all the odds and ends that seem to prolong the process. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your Indiana Long Distance Movers
When you choose a moving company, it is important to make sure you have thoroughly researched them beforehand. You are trusting them with all of your possessions, and you need to make sure they are dependable and trustworthy. These are a few things you should check before doing business with them.
- How much experience does this company have: It is better to work with movers that have been in the business for years. A company with more experience is better able to handle any issues.
- Will I be protected in the event of damages: Some moving companies insure your belongings for the full replacement value or their depreciated value, but the law only requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound.
- Check reviews online: You should always research a company you plan on doing business with online. Sites like Yelp can be helpful.
- Federally registered with the Department of Transportation: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. Make sure if you are doing an out of state move that yours is.
- Available services: There are quite a few optional services that many moving companies may offer, such as packing and unpacking or auto transportation. It is a good idea to see what is available and how much extra these services will cost.
- Can you easily contact the company: Things happen. If they do, you want to know that you can get in touch with the company. It can be helpful to choose a company with a local presence.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Cheap Indiana movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Indiana Long Distance Movers?
There are a lot of things that can affect the cost of using a moving service. Everything from the amount of boxes and furniture you have, the weight of the load, the cost of fuel, and additional services you have chosen, and even what time of year can affect the total cost. Some companies offer a cost calculator on their website, and while this can be helpful, it is usually a good idea to call them for a more accurate quote. Most professional moving services will provide a free estimate.
Before Signing a Contract
- Check to make sure that all information is correct. Ensure that the addresses and phone numbers are accurate.
- Your mover’s damage and liability policy should be spelled out on the contract.
- Make sure any additional costs are included in the contract. This includes surcharges and the cost of any additional services you have requested.
Things to Do before the Big Day
- Carry any valuables or jewelry with you instead of packing it with the rest of your belongings.
- Ask for a copy of the packing list or inventory sheet for your records.
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies will cover damaged items during a move. Call your insurance agent to find out.
Indiana Cross Country Movers for Hire
Callan & Woodworth Moving & Storage
Michigan City, IN 46360
Morse Moving & Storage
4219 W. High School Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46241
Here to There Movers
2502 N. Wells St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Indiana Storage Facility Directory
Noblesville, IN 46060
Mitchell, IN 47446
Spacemaker Self Storage
North Webster, IN 46555
State to State Moving Services in Indiana
- Ball State University
- Beech Grove
- Cedar Lake
- Crown Point
- East Chicago
- Fort Wayne
- Indiana State University
- Indiana University Bloomington
- Indiana University Kokomo
- Indiana University Northwest
- Indiana University South Bend
- Indiana University Southeast
- Indiana University – Purdue University Columbus
- Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis
- Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
- La Porte
- Lake Station
- Michigan City
- New Albany
- New Castle
- New Haven
- Purdue University (West Lafayette)
- Purdue University Northwest
- South Bend
- St. John
- Terre Haute
- University Of Southern Indiana
- Vincennes University
- West Lafayette