Carfax is one of the most helpful resources at your disposal when buying or selling a car, but they do not ship cars. This is something that a lot of people get confused about since they offer such a wide variety of resources and options for researching, buying, or selling a vehicle. While they do provide a lot of very helpful information to their readers and customers, auto transport is not one of their services. They do, however; offer a number of other things that are of a great benefit.
The primary service offered by Carfax, and what they are most known for, are vehicle reports. Their reports provide a wealth of information that can be of tremendous value for anyone that’s considering buying a vehicle. Information included in the reports covers a wide range of data:;
- Accident History – One of the best things provided by Carfax is the accident history of a vehicle. This includes the type of damage that occurred, what part of the vehicle was affected, what type of repairs were done, and structural issues that are a result of any damages.
- Car Service Records – The service history of a car is just as important as the accident history since it provides a context for how well a car was cared for, as well as any potentially ongoing issues it may have. The service records include everything from basic maintenance like oil changes to major repairs like replacing a transmission.
- Vehicle Usage – They way is a vehicle is used is also important information to have before buying a car and Carfax provides that as well. If you’re making an investment in a car, it’s good to know if it was a rental, or used a commercial vehicle so you can know how much it was driven and what type of miles were put on it.
A-1 Auto Transport is a leading nationwide car shipper with offices in virtually every major metro area across the United States! We ship to all 50 states, including Hawaii and Alaska, and are happy to offer our FREE price quotes to all interested parties! Give us a call today at 1-800-452-2880 to learn more about what we offer, or if you’d like to get started with a FREE cost estimate right away!
- Previous Owners – Ownership history is another key feature of Carfax reports. You’ll find out how many previous owners a vehicle has had, where it was owned and for how long, and if there are any issues with the title.
- Valuation – Taking all of the above into account, Carfax also present subscribers with a valuation of each vehicle, which is good information to have whether you’re buying or selling. While values determined by Carfax are not definitive, they can be taken alongside other appraisal tools like Kelley Blue Book to get an accurate value assessment.
Informational Blog Posts
Carfax also has a great blog on their website that’s chock-full of great information. Topics covered there include information about buying, selling, vehicle maintenance, and many other relevant issues to car owners and prospective buyers.