- Farm Equipment Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
- The Types Of Farming Equipment Often Shipped
- The Advantages Of Going Through A Professional Shipping Company
- Farm Equipment Haulers And Shippers Near You
- How Much Will It Cost To Ship Farm Equipment?
- Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Farm Equipment Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
Farm Equipment Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
At A-1 Auto Transport, we're the best choice if you're looking for “farm equipment haulers and shippers near me.” We've been in business for decades, and we specialize in handling industrial equipment and machinery of all types – including farm equipment.
From tractors and combine harvesters to irrigation equipment and so much more, you can trust us with all your farm equipment transport. Our experienced fleet of transportation specialists is fully equipped to handle shipments of all sizes.
At A-1 Auto Transport, our goal is to provide you with reasonably-priced, reliable, and timely farm equipment hauling and shipping services. Thousands of farmers have trusted us with their equipment – and we've always delivered. You can trust us to deliver your farm equipment on time and on budget. That's a guarantee.
The Types of Farming Equipment Often Shipped
There are many different types of farming equipment shipped through heavy equipment transport services. Being shipped through these services only guarantees that it's rightly cared for during the transport. Experienced transport professionals will even hold knowledge of the machinery and equipment, and their functions in the farming industry.
Below, are some of the large pieces of operating equipment used in the agricultural industry.
- Combine Harvester
- Cultivator Disc Harrow
- Commercial Mowers
- Threshing Machine
- Skid Steer Loader
- Seed Drill
All of the above machinery and equipment are known for their heavy duty structure and design, making it impossible to ship on a standard trailer (often a low loader can be an option). To get it from one location to the next, it's imperative to hire a professional transport service.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Heavy Equipment Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
The Advantages of Going through a Professional Shipping Company
- They will ensure a safe and reliable delivery of your farm equipment and tools by using the right shipping equipment.
- They're the quickest way for transporting farm machinery and heavy equipment.
- They provide insurance coverage during the shipping process. All licensed transport companies are required by law to carry at least the minimal amount of insurance coverage set in place.
- Shipping professionals are capable of caring for the equipment properly and making sure it securely fastened to the hauler.
- Transport professionals are familiar with the delivery process of heavy equipment.
- You can have your farm equipment shipped nationally or internationally.
- They'll have a variety of services for you to consider including high priority delivery options.
- They'll offer satellite tracking services so you can follow your agricultural machinery transport, every step of the way.
Farm Equipment Haulers And Shippers Near You
If you’ve been searching Google and other websites for “farm equipment haulers and shippers near me,” you may not be sure which company is right for you – and you may be wondering why you should choose A-1 Auto Transport instead of “the other guys.”
The best reason to choose us is our depth of expertise. We don’t just specialize in hauling farm equipment – we haul construction machinery, industrial machinery and heavy equipment of all types. That means our drivers have unparalleled experience in the industry – and have seen and done it all!
That doesn’t mean we’re just a jack of all trades, though. We employ drivers and logistics specialists who have years of experience working with agricultural machinery. You can trust us to handle the shipping of all types of farm equipment, including:
- Combine harvesters
And much more. No matter what you need to haul from one farm to another, our team of logistics specialists is here to help you get the farm equipment hauling and shipping services that you need.
How Much Will It Cost To Ship Farm Equipment?
Wondering how much you’ll pay to ship your farm equipment? Here are a few of the factors that usually have the biggest impact on the cost of farm equipment shipping and hauling.
- Type of equipment – Some types of equipment, like tractors and mowers, are simpler to transport compared to bulkier machinery like combine harvesters, which often must be partially disassembled for transportation.
- Dimensions and size – In addition to the type of equipment, the overall size and dimensions of a particular piece of farm equipment have a major impact on the cost of shipping.
- Weight – Heavier loads cost more to ship than lightweight loads. If you’re shipping multiple pieces of equipment, we’ll help you optimize the cost of shipping by maximizing the weight of your load for each shipment, and minimizing the total number of trucks required to haul your farm equipment.
- Container vs. open-air – Open-air shipping is the most cost-effective method of shipping. Your farm equipment will be driven onto a flatbed trailer, or hauled on with a crane or hoist. Then, it will be secured to the trailer and driven to its destination. This is the cheapest way to ship your equipment, but it does leave it exposed to the elements. Container-based shipping uses a standard 40-foot long container. It’s more appropriate for smaller pieces of equipment that can fit in the container, or large pieces of equipment that have been partially disassembled. It’s more expensive, but protects your farm equipment from the elements.
- Delivery deadline – If your farm equipment hauling and shipping project is time-sensitive and requires rush delivery, you’ll pay more compared to a slower method of shipping. Planning your logistics ahead of time to avoid rush delivery will save you quite a bit in fees.
- Total distance shipped – Long-distance shipping costs less per mile than short-distance shipping, but you’ll still pay a higher overall cost if you’re shipping a piece of farm equipment across the country, compared to a local or in-state shipping project.
Wondering what other factors may affect the cost of transporting your farm equipment? Ready to learn more? Contact A-1 Auto Transport now for more information.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Farm Equipment Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
At A-1 Auto Transport, we guarantee that we’ll offer the best rates, excellent customer service, and timely delivery for farm equipment nationwide. As experienced farm equipment haulers and shippers, you can trust us to take great care of your valuable agricultural machinery. To learn more and get started, you can contact us online today, or give us a call at (888) 230-9116.
Frequently Asked Questions
Distance matters because most transport companies charge customers per mile. This number differs greatly since it can go as low as $1 or as high as $5 or even more.
This means that a wide distance will add up to a higher price. However, weather and traffic can also indirectly drive up the price because they cause the truck to use more fuel. Heavy traffic means the truck uses more fuel, and the price increases.
The two most significant factors are fuel and distance since they impact it directly and indirectly. All of them come together to decide the final cost for your delivery.
A flatbed trailer is naturally the best choice if one has many small parts to take care of. The company will also need to secure everything using individual chains or ratchet straps. You'll need more than usual if there are many components.
But the difference is especially prevalent if there are bigger or oversized loads because it'll require different types of trailers. Sometimes, a lowboy trailer or step-deck trailer might be a better choice. The former is best for a heavier load, while the other is great for different heights and levels.
You can ask A1 Auto Transport for a quote, but it's hard to get an exact estimate because many factors are involved.
If the distance between the two points is wide, it'll take longer for the driver to reach you. But at the same time, if the roads are clear, they may reach faster. Bad roads will slow the truck down.
Other factors can also affect the total time, including the weather and traffic conditions. Both of these can cause delays during the delivery, so it's best to hire a shipping company before time. Most recommend contacting one around three months before the delivery.
This will ensure no issues at your work because of delayed delivery. A company can't predict certain variables even if it provides the driver with an optimized route.
Farm equipment consists of several small parts, and even if you're experienced using them on a farm, it's still not advisable to transport them over a long distance on your own.
The most significant reason is that there's always a difference between an average individual and an experienced transport company because they understand the nuisance involved when transporting heavy equipment.
Professionals working on the farm might feel comfortable with it, but there are still differences between transporting it and operating it. This is especially prevalent because transport contains loading and unloading.
A company must load farm equipment carefully so there's no damage during the journey. If the load is wide, they'll send an experienced driver to ensure there are no accidents during the delivery because handling it is more complicated.