- Farm Equipment Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
- The Types of Farming Equipment Often Shipped
- The Advantages of Going through a Professional Shipping Company
- Farm Equipment Haulers And Shippers Near You
- How Much Will It Cost To Ship Farm Equipment?
- Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Farm Equipment Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
Farm Equipment Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
At A-1 Auto Transport, we are expert farm equipment haulers and shippers. We can handle everything from tractors and combine harvesters to irrigation equipment and more.
Our transportation specialists are fully equipped to handle shipments of all sizes. We provide transport solutions that meet your needs, whether you require carriers, logistics agents or freight services.
We offer our services across the United States, including Canada, New York, Alaska, Wisconsin, Maryland, Arkansas, New Mexico, New Jersey, Las Vegas, and Minnesota. Our goal is to provide you with reasonably priced, reliable, and timely farm hauling equipment and car shipping services.
We have earned the trust of thousands of farmers who have relied on us for their equipment transportation needs, and we've always delivered. You can count on us to deliver your farm equipment on time and within budget. That's our guarantee.
The Types of Farming Equipment Often Shipped
There are several types of farming equipment and parts that are transported via heavy equipment transport services. These services are provided by experts who ensure that each item, including silos, grain, and other specialized machinery, is safely delivered to its destination. They take care of all the necessary details, including loading the equipment onto specialized trailers and securing them with appropriate accessories. These professionals have the experience and expertise to transport various equipment types and categories, such as feed hoppers, steel silos, and water storage silos. They can also assist you with payment options and price ranges and help you choose the ideal model that best suits your needs. If you have any questions regarding the transport process or the equipment itself, feel free to ask.
In addition, the condition and durability of the equipment are important factors to consider when choosing the right model. For example, if you need a silo for grain storage, you should ensure that it has enough capacity to store your products and features a system that allows easy access to the stored grain. Also, the ground and safety requirements of the silo should be taken into account, as well as its maintenance and operation needs.
When purchasing farming equipment or parts, it is important to keep in mind the product's life span and the money you are willing to spend on it. For example, an engine or other components should be durable enough to withstand field operation times and use, and should be maintained properly to ensure its longevity.
Overall, heavy equipment transport services are essential for the farming industry, as they provide safe and reliable transportation of specialized machinery and products.
Below are some of the large pieces of operating equipment used in the agricultural industry.
- Combine Harvester
- Cultivator Disc Harrow
- Commercial Mowers
- Threshing Machine
- Skid Steer Loader
- Seed Drillp
- Farm spreader
Due to their heavy-duty structure and design, farm transport equipment and technology used in agriculture cannot be shipped on a standard truck or vehicle. Often, a low loader can be an option for haulage. To safely transport the equipment from one rural location to another, it's imperative to hire a professional transport service. This is especially important during harvest season when crops need to be transported for handling and unloading.
The Advantages of Going through a Professional Shipping Company
- They will ensure a safe and reliable delivery of your farm equipment and tools by using the right shipping equipment.
- They're the quickest way to transport farm machinery and heavy equipment.
- They provide insurance coverage during the shipping process. All licensed car shipping companies are required by law to carry at least the minimal amount of insurance coverage set in place.
- Shipping professionals are capable of caring for the equipment properly and making sure it is securely fastened to the hauler.
- Transport professionals are familiar with the delivery process of heavy equipment.
- You can have your farm equipment shipped nationally or internationally.
- They'll have a variety of services for you to consider, including high-priority delivery options.
- They'll offer satellite tracking services so you can follow your agricultural transport machine, every step of the way.
Farm Equipment Haulers And Shippers Near You
If you’ve been searching Google and other websites for “farm equipment haulers and shippers near me,” you may not be sure which company is right for you – and you may be wondering why you should choose A-1 Auto Transport instead of “the other guys.”
The best reason to choose us is our depth of expertise. We don’t just specialize in hauling farm equipment – we haul construction machinery, industrial machinery and heavy equipment of all types. That means our drivers have unparalleled experience in the industry – and have seen and done it all!
That doesn’t mean we’re just a jack of all trades, though. We employ drivers and logistics specialists who have years of experience working with agricultural machinery. You can trust us to handle the shipping of all types of farm equipment, including:
- Combine harvesters
And much more. No matter what you need to haul from one farm to another, our team of logistics specialists is here to help you get the farm equipment hauling and shipping services that you need.
How Much Will It Cost To Ship Farm Equipment?
Wondering how much you’ll pay to ship your farm equipment? Here are a few of the factors that usually have the biggest impact on the cost of farm equipment shipping and hauling.
- Type of equipment – Some types of equipment, like tractors and mowers, are simpler to transport compared to bulkier machinery like combine harvesters, which often must be partially disassembled for transportation.
- Dimensions and size –In addition to the type of items or equipment, the overall size and dimensions of a particular piece of farm equipment or material have a major impact on the cost of shipping. It's always a good idea to check the dimensions of the item to avoid any surprises on the shipping side. Also, if you're looking for something on sale, keep in mind that larger items may come with higher shipping costs.
- Weight – Heavier loads cost more to ship than lightweight loads. If you’re shipping multiple pieces of equipment, we’ll help you optimize the cost of shipping by maximizing the weight of your load for each shipment, and minimizing the total number of trucks required to haul your farm equipment.
- Container vs. open-air – Open-air shipping is the most cost-effective method of shipping. Your farm equipment will be driven onto a flatbed trailer, or hauled on with a crane or hoist. Then, it will be secured to the trailer and driven to its destination. This is the cheapest way to ship your equipment, but it does leave it exposed to the elements. Container-based shipping uses a standard 40-foot-long container. It’s more appropriate for smaller pieces of equipment that can fit in the container, or large pieces of equipment that have been partially disassembled. It’s more expensive but protects your farm equipment from the elements.
- Delivery deadline – If your farm equipment hauling and shipping project is time-sensitive and requires rush delivery, you’ll pay more compared to a slower method of shipping. Planning your logistics ahead of time to avoid rush delivery will save you quite a bit in fees.
- Total distance shipped – Long-distance shipping costs less per mile than short-distance shipping, but you’ll still pay a higher overall cost if you’re shipping a piece of farm equipment across the country, compared to a local or in-state shipping project.
Are you looking for information on transporting your John Deere farm equipment? You can find helpful tips and resources on our website. Simply navigate to our menu and select the 'Transport Services' page. From there, use the search bar to find articles on topics like hopper transportation and more.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Farm Equipment Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
At A-1 Auto Transport, we guarantee that we’ll offer the best rates, excellent customer service, and timely delivery for farm equipment nationwide. As experienced farm equipment haulers and shippers, you can trust us to take great care of your valuable agricultural machinery. To learn more and get started, you can contact us online today, or give us a call at (888) 230-911
Frequently Asked Questions
Distance matters because most transport companies charge customers per mile. This number differs greatly since it can go as low as $1 or as high as $5 or even more.
This means that a wide distance will add up to a higher price. However, weather and traffic can also indirectly drive up the price because they cause the truck to use more fuel. Heavy traffic means the truck uses more fuel, and the price increases.
The two most significant factors are fuel and distance since they impact it directly and indirectly. All of them come together to decide the final cost for your delivery.
A flatbed trailer is naturally the best choice if one has many small parts to take care of. The company will also need to secure everything using individual chains or ratchet straps. You'll need more than usual if there are many components.
But the difference is especially prevalent if there are bigger or oversized loads because it'll require different types of trailers. Sometimes, a lowboy trailer or step-deck trailer might be a better choice. The former is best for a heavier load, while the other is great for different heights and levels.
You can ask A1 Auto Transport for a quote, but it's hard to get an exact estimate because many factors are involved.
If the distance between the two points is wide, it'll take longer for the driver to reach you. But at the same time, if the roads are clear, they may reach faster. Bad roads will slow the truck down.
Other factors can also affect the total time, including the weather and traffic conditions. Both of these can cause delays during the delivery, so it's best to hire a shipping company before time. Most recommend contacting one around three months before the delivery.
This will ensure no issues at your work because of delayed delivery. A company can't predict certain variables even if it provides the driver with an optimized route.
Farm equipment consists of several small parts, and even if you're experienced using them on a farm, it's still not advisable to transport them over a long distance on your own.
The most significant reason is that there's always a difference between an average individual and an experienced transport company because they understand the nuisance involved when transporting heavy equipment.
Professionals working on the farm might feel comfortable with it, but there are still differences between transporting it and operating it. This is especially prevalent because transport contains loading and unloading.
A company must load farm equipment carefully so there's no damage during the journey. If the load is wide, they'll send an experienced driver to ensure there are no accidents during the delivery because handling it is more complicated.