The Types of Farming Equipment Often Shipped
There are many different types of farming equipment shipped through heavy equipment transport services. Being shipped through these services only guarantees that it is cared for right during the transport. Experienced transport professionals will even hold knowledge of the machinery and equipment, and their functions in the farming industry.
Below, are some of the large pieces of operating equipment used in the agricultural industry.
- Combine Harvester
- Cultivator Disc Harrow
- Commercial Mowers
- Threshing Machine
- Skid Steer Loader
- Seed Drill
All of the above machinery and equipment is known for its heavy duty structure and design, making it impossible to ship on a standard trailer (often a low loader can be an option). To get it from one location to the next, it’s imperative to hire a professional transport service.
The Advantages of Going through a Professional Shipping Company
- They will ensure a safe and reliable delivery of your farm equipment and tools.
- They’re the quickest way to ship heavy equipment.
- They provide insurance coverage during the shipping process. All licensed transport companies are required by law to carry at least the minimal amount of insurance coverage set in place.
- Shipping professionals are capable of caring for the equipment properly and making sure it securely fastened to the hauler.
- Transport professionals are familiar with the delivery process of heavy equipment.
- You can have your farm equipment shipped nationally or internationally.
- They’ll have a variety of services for you to consider including high priority delivery options.
- They’ll offer satellite tracking services so you can follow your heavy equipment during its transport from start to finish.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.