Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Altoona, Pennsylvania
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe & Reliable Altoona Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Altoona is located in Pennsylvania’s Blair County and though the city has a population just under 50,000, the metro area has over 100,000. Altoona has grown out of what was once a town built around a railroad and developed into the tenth largest city in Pennsylvania. Altoona is home to the Altoona Curves minor league baseball team and the Altoona Symphony Orchestra.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Altoona to Washington, D.C.||$179||179 miles||1 – 2 days|
|Altoona to Philadelphia||$236||236 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Altoona to Jacksonville||$655||874 miles||3 – 5 days|
|New Orleans to Altoona||$687||1145 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Minneapolis to Altoona||$725||967 miles||3 – 5 days|
|San Francisco to Altoona||$1066||2665 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Altoona to Phoenix||$1078||2157 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Altoona to Salt Lake City||$1160||1934 miles||5 – 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Altoona Auto Transport Services
- Enclosed Or Open Air – Enclosed and open air carriers are options that are offered by most vehicle transport companies. The main difference is that enclosed carriers offer more protection during hauling, tend to cost a little more, and can ship vehicles individually. Open air car shipping is more economical, but the vehicle gets exposed to outdoor conditions during transport.
- Terminal Or Door-to-door – Door-to-door vehicle shipping is the ultimate in convenience but, like enclosed transport, is usually a premium service (which doesn’t always mean it costs more). Terminal auto transport essentially means the vehicle is delivered to a nearby shipping or storage terminal. The terminals are usually in major cities, but some companies have more storage and pick up terminals than others.
- Storage – Terminal shipping can be ideal if you need short or long term storage after having your car, truck or motorcycle shipped. The availability of storage facilities vary by company, but most offer or can arrange secure storage of your vehicle upon request.
For more information about local businesses and services, see the official website for the City of Altoona.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Altoona Auto Transport Company Directory
J&J Carriers Inc.
J&J is a family owned auto carrier that’s been in business since 2006. They move single and multiple vehicle orders, as well as motorcycles and inoperable vehicles, both to and from Altoona.
7131 Lincoln Hwy.
Bedford, PA 15522
Myerstown Auto Transport LLC
A car shipping company that delivers vehicles for individuals and dealers. They specialize in moving classic cars and auction vehicles and also offer storage and port delivery for overseas auto transport.
701 W. Lincoln Ave.
Myerstown, PA 17067
Outsider Motorcycle Transport
A company located in Duncansville, Outsider Motorcycle Transport has been offering emergency, local and long haul services for riders since 2006. They handle standard auto transport requests but specialize in relocating motorcycles, trikes and ATVs.
1364 Route 764
Duncansville, PA 16635
Altoona Auto Transport Resources
PennDOT – The Pennsylvania Department of Transportations’ Driver & Vehicle Services page has information on local office locations, registration, and title transfer information.
Blair County Antique Auto Club – A local auto club that promotes vehicle preservation, family and community through their local events and shows throughout the year.
Altoona includes ZIP codes
16601, 16602, 16603.