Safe And Reliable Alabaster Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
This small Alabama town is situated just between Birmingham and Clanton in Shelby County. Home to nearly 33,000 and while the population is not entirely small, the town feels like a small town due to the surroundings. The city was named for a carbonate powder that was heavily mined in the area in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.
The median income in Alabaster is close to $75,000 annually and is nearly double that of the median in the state which is only around $46,000. Unemployment in Alabaster is at a lower percentage than the state average and many residents work retail, construction and manufacturing but more than 20% of the local population is employed in upper management and sales lead positions which garner higher wages than other positions. With the low unemployment rate, Alabaster is an ideal city for those relocating with family to find better employment opportunities.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|New Orleans to Alabaster||$350||350 miles||2-4 days|
|Kansas City to Alabaster||$575||767 miles||3-5 days|
|Alabaster to Philadelphia||$675||900 miles||3-5 days|
|New York to Alabaster||$735||980 miles||3-5 days|
|Denver to Alabaster||$811||1352 miles||4-6 days|
|Phoenix to Alabaster||$1025||1709 miles||5-7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Alabaster was named by Movoto as one of the best ten places in the state of Alabama based on low crime, quality of life, tax rates, unemployment and weather. Moreover, its central location puts it in proximity of a number of fun and family-friendly activities, from hiking in Oak Mountain State Park to fishing at nearby Tannehill State Park. Despite its small town status, there is plenty to do in and around Alabaster, which makes it such as attractive option for both relocation and a quick visit. As it is still growing, there are a number of reasons why people would want to relocate to the area, thus requiring Alabaster auto shipping to be comfortable when moving around.
Learn more about shipping a car to Alabama.
Using Alabaster Vehicle Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Alabaster car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind:
- Make sure your company of choice has a depot nearby: Alabaster is a fairly small community; however, it is considered a suburb of Birmingham, so when you choose your auto transport services, make sure there is a depot for drop-off and/or pick-up in Birmingham, or in another part of the state nearby.
- Make time to look around Shelby County: There is plenty to be found here, in terms of activities. When your Alabaster auto transport transaction is complete, make time to drive around the county to take in the many beautiful natural settings that abound in and around Alabaster.
- Check pricing: Since Alabaster auto transport may take you outside of the more well-known commercial zones, check the price quoted from your auto transport company to ensure that you aren’t being charged exorbitant rates for delivery to or from the Alabaster community.
Auto Transport Quotes
It isn’t difficult to get an auto transport quote to ship to or from Alabaster quickly just by filling out a FREE quote form online where you can get multiple quotes all at one time. For detailed quotes, you may want to speak to a live agent where you can provide more information about the vehicle as well as where and how you need to have the vehicle moved.
Car owners who have had modifications that alter the height or weight of a car for instance, may need to schedule shipment on a larger carrier than one that would hold standard sized vehicles.
You will need to schedule the vehicle for shipment by choosing whether you want door to door transport or terminal transport and the mode of transport you will use.
Door to Door Transport
We offer convenient door to door shipping services to all our customers. This means your vehicle will be picked up and delivered to the address you choose. If for some reason the large carrier truck can not access your road due to local ordinances, narrow streets or other conditions that would make it difficult or dangerous to drive the heavy carrier on, we will work with you to make arrangements to have the driver meet you at a nearby location where there is a large parking lot or other easily accessible location where the car can be loaded or unloaded quickly and safely.
Not going to be available to meet a driver and you have no one you trust that can meet them in your place? There are auto terminals in various locations nationwide where you can park your vehicle and have a driver pick it up or where you can have the driver deliver the vehicle for you to pick up after it has been delivered. It is important that you check the terminal location out ahead of time to ensure it has proper security and lighting and to see if it is staffed 24 hours daily or if the car will be locked inside a gate after hours. You should also see how far you may need to travel to pick the car up or drop it off as many terminals are located quite a distance from suburban areas. It is often cheaper to use terminals during transport, but you may also need to pay a separate fee for storage when doing so.
Modes of Transport
- Auto Carrier Truck- An auto carrier truck, or auto carrier trailer or semi-truck and trailer usually have ramps where vehicles can easily drive onto the carrier and be secured in place for transport. Used by auto dealerships, manufacturers and auction houses as well as individual car owners, families in the process of moving, celebrities, athletes, military and others, these are economical ways to move a car from one place to another. Open car carriers often have a double decker system where two levels of vehicles can be hauled at one time, which can help cut down the cost per customer when the trailer is fully loaded. A standard auto carrier can haul up to 80,000 lbs., therefore it is important that all vehicle owners have their vehicle emptied of all personal property before the car is loaded onto the carrier. Auto carrier trucks are open forms of transport where vehicles are exposed to the elements just as they are during a drive.
- Flatbed Tow Truck- A flatbed tow truck usually has a winch to pull the car into place on the truck. These are often used for inoperable cars to be hauled but can also be used for operational cars, heavy machinery and more.
- Enclosed Transport- An enclosed transport carrier is completely covered to offer a secure environment for cars that prevent encounters with weather, rocks, debris, animals and bugs and other damaging content. The cost will be higher than an open form of transport, but enclosed transport helps ensure cars are delivered in the same condition as when it was loaded. This mode of transport is recommended for high end luxury cars, show cars, collectibles, antiques and classics and other rare or expensive vehicles.
- Trains- Shipping a car by train is often a cheaper method of transport, but there are some things to consider before booking railway transport. Railway transport offers both open and enclosed transport options and is recommended for those who own classic and collectible cars, expensive luxury cars and other rare vehicles. One of the disadvantages of railway transport is being able to find space on the train. Many trains are booked in advance by dealerships and manufacturers and if the train is loaded to capacity, it can be tough to find a spot for an individual car. For train transport, you need to start checking into booking at least 1-2 months in advance.
- Airplanes- Shipping a car by airplane is the most expensive way to ship and is usually reserves for extremely expensive vehicles. For example, if you own a used car that has been valued at under $4000, it is a possibility that the cost to ship via air would far exceed the actual value of he car as air shipments can be upward of $5000 or more for shipping. You can ship personal items along with the car when you transport with freight. It is however, considered a very safe mode of transport as no one can access the car as it is loaded onto the plane and only unloaded when the plane lands at the destination.
Visit the City of Alabaster website for more information on this small community and how to live and get around here.
Alabaster Auto Transport Companies Directory
Harbor Auto Transport
Situated in neighboring Birmingham, Harbor Auto Transport also prides itself on serving the suburbs of Birmingham, including Alabaster. Offering free rate quotes and a fairly wide repertoire of services, from long distance auto shipping to in-state services. Licensed, bonded and insured nationwide auto shippers with great BBB accredited customer reviews. Transports automobiles, vans, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, boats and other heavy hauling with their open and enclosed auto transport carriers.
3737 41st Court NorthBirmingham, AL 35217205-849-0027
Jody’s Towing and Recovery
Located in Alabaster for more than 30 years, Jody’s Towing and Recovery provides local and long-distance towing as well as roadside assistance including tire changes, battery jumps, lock out service and more,
Alabaster, AL 35007205-419-3183
Other Alabaster Resources
Alabaster Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the city of Alabaster.
Alabaster includes ZIP codes:
35007, 35114, 35144.
Related Information & FAQ
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org