Staunton, Virginia Professional Car Shipping Resources
Staunton is the county seat of Augusta County Virginia and has a local population of around 24,000 people. It is also the principal city of the Staunton Waynesboro Metropolitan statistical area with a combined population of close to 120,000 people. The 28th president of the United States, Woodrow Wilson, was born in Staunton. Staunton has been the location for many major motion pictures including the 2006 blockbuster Evan Almighty, the 2000 film Familiar Strangers in the movie Gods and Generals, and American Civil War film. Healthcare, education, retail and auto parts and production are some of the top employment industries in the city and company like Western state Hospital Walmart in Fisher Auto Parts employee a great deal of the local residents. There are three local parks with nearly 600 acres of land for sports including golf, football, baseball, and volleyball as well as tennis, horseshoes, and swimming. Staunton is the city with beautiful mountaintop views, plenty of shopping and lots of friendly people.
For further information about the city of Staunton, you can visit the official city website. The site features a local history, a directory of city services and information for new residents as well as visitors to the area.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Staunton to Washington, D.C.||$157||157 miles||1 - 2 days|
|Raleigh to Staunton||$222||222 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Staunton to Nashville||$384||512 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Chicago to Staunton||$528||705 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Staunton to St. Paul||$709||1182 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Oklahoma City to Staunton||$712||1188 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Staunton to Portland||$1103||2759 miles||7 - 9 days|
|San Jose to Staunton||$1108||2772 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Shipping a Car to Staunton
When you need to have a car shipped Staunton keep these key points from A-1 Auto Transport in mind:
- The city of Staunton has very steep, hilly roads and you’ll want to ensure that your car has been well maintained with good brakes and tires to assist with driving the steep terrain.
- You want to have your car fully prepared for shipping before the driver arrives to pick it up. The fuel should be driven down to around one-quarter tank only to reduce the weight on the vehicle. Tires brakes and battery should all be checked. The car should be cleaned inside and out and any loose material on the exterior should be removed as well.
- When the driver arrives to pick the car up you will complete a physical inspection of the vehicle from all angles. You need to be physically present during this inspection to ensure that the driver’s notes are accurate.
- Have a key ready to give to the driver. Per federal regulation, all drivers transporting motor vehicles must have a key to the trunk, doors, and ignition of all vehicles that they carry on their truck.
- Be sure to exchange contact information with the driver before he leaves so that in the case of an emergency contact can be made.
Staunton Auto Transport Directory
Estes Express Lines
Estes Express Lines of the well-known trucking company they can transport motor vehicles from coast to coast in the United States. They are fully licensed, insured and bonded and have been in business for many years. Estes express lines has a reputable name in the car shipping and freight hauling business and they are fully accredited with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
2090 South Delphine Ave.
Lyndhurst, VA 22952
Beam Brothers Trucking
Beam Brothers trucking in the long haul trucking company that works from one major city to another in the United States. They average around 55 million miles per year just on the East alone. They haul various items including motor vehicles, general freight and United States postal mail. This trucking company is fully licensed and insured and registered with the United States Department of Transportation.
4731 Friedan Church Rd.
Mel Crawford, VA 22841
Staunton includes ZIP codes
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com