When it comes time to ship your small vehicle, you must make adequate preparations well in advance. In order to make the process go smoothly, it is in your best interest to plan ahead and follow these tips.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Find a Good Match.
Not all auto transport companies are well-equipped to handle small vehicles, so it is important to do your due diligence prior to making a commitment. Research companies who have a specialty dealing with small vehicles, because otherwise your car or utility vehicle may not receive the proper care. Compare quotes from a variety of transport companies before narrowing down your choices, and then go with your gut when making the final call. Professionalism is important, but reputation and experience are even better indicators of a reliable transport company.
Prepare Your Vehicle.
If your small vehicle has any after-market customizations, it may be beneficial to remove them prior to transport. Most transport companies will also require you to run your gas tank to less than ¼ a tank, in addition to draining other fluids and removing all personal belongings. Make a note of any cosmetic damage and take pictures for your own records to ensure your small vehicle arrives in the same condition in which it was picked up.
Patiently Await Transport.
You will save money if you allow a flexible date range for pick-up, as well as delivery. So, if you are not set on a specific date or timeline, definitely use that discount to your advantage. Remember that even if your small vehicle is street legal, oftentimes the wear and tear of driving it cross-country, or any distance at all, negates the savings so many believe they will receive by avoiding professional transport. Remember also that a legitimate auto transport company will be insured for the value of your small vehicle so that you are fully covered in the unlikely event that the unexpected should occur during transport. Rest easy and trust that your small vehicle will be safely shipped to its final destination in the hands of an exceptional transport company.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory