If you’re moving overseas and want to ship your vehicle internationally, chances are you’re trying to figure out how to get your car to your new home. Your options are to either sell your car, ship your car overseas on a boat, RORO car shipping or find a company that will ship your car by plane. If you decide to ship your car by plane, keep these things in mind.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Prepare for the Expense– Plane shipping is much more expensive than traditional ground transport. Make sure to set aside a significant portion of your budget to cover this. If your car is only worth a couple thousand dollars, it may just make more sense to sell your car and buy a new one once you’ve settled in.
- Do Your Research – There aren’t a lot of companies that ship your car by plane, so make sure you do your due diligence and check ratings and reviews before you make a decision. In general, air transport is much safer and hassle-free since airplane accidents are far less likely than auto accidents. That said, there are companies who specialize in air transport, so ask friends and relatives if they’ve had a good experience with a particular business.
- Ask Lots of Questions – If you’re shipping your car by air, make sure that you are promised a container solely to yourself. This will cost more, but if you have a luxury car, it’s worth it. Being able to reserve a shipping container ensures that your car will arrive safely to your new home. When you contact shipping companies, ask plenty of questions about the safety precautions they use—it will make a difference in the long run.
Have questions about shipping your car by plane? Contact us today!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?