How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Andorra
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping your motorcycle from USA to Andorra is around $800 and $1200 based on the weight of the motorcycle and delivery locations.
- The easiest and safest method to ship the motorcycle is by container shipping
The principality of Andorra is a microstate in SW Europe, scenically situated in the Pyrenees Mountains. It shares its borders with France and Spain. This country is the sixth smallest in all of Europe, with only 181 square miles total size and a population of around 85,000 people. The beautiful city of Andorra la Vella is the capital of Andorra. The climate in Andorra is a convenient climate with warm summers that are mostly dry while the winters are filled with snow. Importing your motorcycle to Andorra will give you the freedom to travel on different terrains with considerable ease.
When you want to import your motorcycle to Andorra, you are required to submit the Administrative Importation Document (DUA) and the original vehicle invoice to the Andorra Customs. If the motorcycle is used, permission is needed from Traffic Division of the Department of Economy of the Principality based on the evaluated value of the motorcycle.
You can then import your motorcycle which must be under five years old. If you are here as a foreigner without a residential permit/visa, you are not allowed to register a new motorcycle or buy a motorcycle that is registered in Andorra. You are not allowed to apply for an Andorran driving license. However, you are allowed to register your insured vehicle on tourist license plates (MT) till your residencia is approved.
There is an additional 10% VAT and 8% import duty that is payable on the book value of the vehicle while the licensing department charges around $200 for the log book. Those with a residencia can apply for the local driving license in Andorra to replace the driving license you hold currently. It is important to do this within the first 6 months of obtaining the residencia permit.
As with any international auto shipping requirements, you need to legally validate the import and that requires submission of pertinent documents to U.S. Customs and to the Andorran Customs Authorities. These are:
- Owner’s passport
- Original invoice of motorcycle purchase
- Certification of passing ITV inspections
- Homologation documents
- Import declaration
- Insurance policy of Andorran company
Shipping Options for Motorcycles
The method of shipping your motorcycle from USA to Andorra that you choose is an important consideration as it directly affects your total cost. With varied shipping options, you can import your motorcycle using:
- Roll On/ Roll Off - your motorcycle is driven onto the deck of a ship where it is strapped down in a bay to keep it from rolling around. You will need to have it cleaned and ensure that it is in working condition.
- Container Shipping - Your motorcycle can be placed inside of a crate and secured inside before it is sealed up and placed onto the deck of a ship. If you are importing more than your motorcycle, you may want to rent out a container which will give you the freedom to pack both your motorcycle and your personal belongings.
- Air shipping - The fastest way to ship your motorcycle is by way of air. Your bike will be crated and then loaded securely inside a cargo plane to the nearest airport in Andorra.
Driving in Andorra
Driving around Andorra, you will find that the traffic moves on the right hand side of the roadways. Before you can ride your motorcycle in this country, you will need to have a driver’s license and will need an insurance green card.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.