Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Victoria
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Victoria is the capital city of British Columbia, Canada and is a popular tourist area in Canada hosting nearly 4 million tourists annually. With nearly 1000 technology companies in Victoria, tech is the largest revenue producer of any industry in the entire city. It’s no surprise with that many technology companies that Victoria has more households connected to the internet than any other city in all of Canada. Importing a personal car to Victoria, as well as most cities in Canada, is not too difficult to do as long as you have a professional automobile transport company to help guide you through the shipping process and handle the car as it is being transported through the United States, across the U.S./Canadian border and into Victoria.Automobile Transport Process.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Automobile Transport Process.
When you contact the automobile transport company to have your car shipped to Victoria, you will need to let them know if you are going to have the car shipped door to door or if you will need to drop it at a shipping terminal and have it delivered from one terminal to another. The transport company will assist you with the necessary paperwork for shipping your car over the border to Victoria, and they will let you know how to prepare your car for shipping. When preparing the car you will want to do the following:
- Clean the car inside and out.
- Ensure that the battery has a full charge.
- Disable any alarm systems.
- Check the fluid levels and tire pressure.
- Make sure the fuel is at around ¼ tank or less.
You will also want to check the amount of the shipping insurance included in transport and if you have a very expensive car you may want to add extra insurance to make sure the car value will be covered in case of an accident.
How to get the car to Victoria.
Your agent will schedule your car for convenient door to door pickup and delivery unless you need to drop it off at a terminal for pickup and have it delivered to a local terminal in Victoria. You can ship the car with the following methods:
- RORO– RORO is a type of open transport and is the most common way to ship a car either by roadway or sea. Many cars can be loaded onto a RORO carrier at one time which helps keep the cost of delivery down for each vehicle owner. Cars must be emptied of personal content when shipping on a RORO carrier.
- Enclosed– Enclosed shipping can also be done on the roadways or by sea. Cars will be loaded into enclosed trucks for transport via the interstate, and in large shipping containers via the sea. When you use enclosed shipping to relocate your car you may also be able to load personal items and household goods inside of the enclosed transport truck or the shipping container during your relocation to Victoria.
Your transport agent will let you know which type of shipping best suits the transport needs for your car as well as anything else you may need to ship. Once you have given them the information on your car, the type of transport you will need and the pickup and delivery information, they will be able to give you a total shipping quote and get the car scheduled for delivery.
U.S. and Canadian Customs.
Shipping a car from the United States to Victoria, Canada will require that you abide by U.S. Customs export laws as well as Canadian import laws for motor vehicles. You will need to fill out export paperwork with the United States and must have it turned in within 72 hours of shipping the car. You will need to send a copy of the vehicle title to the Canadian border crossing that the car will go through and that must be done within 72 hours of the car arriving at the border crossing. Cars may be shipped either on a permanent or a temporary basis and you will have to pay import duties and taxes on all shipments. If the car was manufactured in the United States and is 10 years old or older you may not have to pay the import duties. New cars require duty payments. Prior to having the car imported you will need to make sure it is up to Canadian vehicle standards by contacting Transport Canada. The car must be checked and certified before it can be cleared for importation. You can also contact the Border Information Service (BIS) for more information on regulations pertaining to motor vehicle import to all areas of Canada. Your transport agent will be able to assist you in all aspects of the shipping process from the paperwork to the physical relocation. They will be your best source of information for shipping your car to Victoria.