Ship Your Car To Or From Turkmenistan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Though the cost can vary quite a bit based on different factors, most cars can be shipped from the U.S. to Turkmenistan for $2,500 to $5,300.
- Smaller cars that fit into a shipping container are the cheapest to ship, while larger cars, trucks, and SUVs cost more.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Turkmenistan
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Ashgabat||$200||$3,300||5+45|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Ashgabat||$350||$3,300||5+45|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Turkmenabat||$400||$3,400||5+35|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Turkmenabat||$550||$3,600||6+45|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Ashgabat||$575||$2,900||6+35|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Turkmenabat||$675||$3,400||6+35|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Ashgabat||$700||$2,900||6+35|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Ashgabat||$775||$3,300||7+45|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Ashgabat||$925||$2,900||7+35|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Turkmenabat||$1,025||$3,600||7+45|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Moving to another country internationally can be a stressful time. When you need to have your personal car where you are, having it shipped should not be difficult at all. Hiring a reputable auto transporter will give you the peace of mind in knowing that your car will be taken care of and will arrive as quickly as possible so that you’ll be able to enjoy driving yourself around without having to hire a driver. Moving your car to Turkmenistan will require certain documents and paperwork to be filled out for customs. You will also need to pay taxes and fees to both the shipping company as well as Turkmenistan Customs. If you plan on shipping personal items with your car, you will need to know what customs regulations are on personal belongings as well. For more information on regulations for customs when entering Turkmenistan you can contact the Turkmenistan Embassy in Washington, DC and they can direct you to necessary information.
Turkmenistan has modern roadways and there is no need for a 4-Wheel Drive vehicle unless you will be driving into the desert. There are certain Motor Vehicle Regulations that you will have to abide by in order to bring your car into the country. You will also need to provide specific documents. Those documents and regulations are as follows:
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Turkmenistan
- Insurance Certificate for Vehicle
- Permission of operation Department of Ashgabat Customs Office
- State Vehicle Inspection
- License Plate Receipt
- Driving Manual for the Vehicle
- Temporary or Permanent Import Declaration
- Permission from Trans Inspection
- Certificate of Standard of State
- Temporary Import Declaration
Taxes Must Be Paid
- If you plan on permanently importing your car you will need to pay the entire amount of Customs taxes and fees that are set on a fixed Customs tax rate
- For temporary importation, you can pay a Customs fee of $25 plus a $5 per hour fee for services provided through Customs
You can sell a car if it is permanently imported, but no cars that are on a temporary importation are allowed to be sold while in Turkmenistan
-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prior to Shipping
Prior to shipping your car to Turkmenistan, you will need to fill out all of the pre-shipping paperwork and provide all of the necessary documents to the auto transporter. You will also need to decide on how you want the car to be shipped and let the transporter know if you will need to ship any personal belongings with the car. The auto transporter will give you a total quote that will include the cost of shipping, automobile cleaning or detailing, and pick-up and delivery service if needed. You can get more information on what you are allowed to ship by speaking to your agent or by contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Required Documents That Must Be Provided Prior to Shipping
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Original Vehicle Title
- Insurance Certificate
- Power of Attorney Statement for pick-up and/or delivery
- Vehicle Registration
Your auto shipper will work with you to make the shipping of your car as easy as possible. Relocating is daunting enough without having to worry about how you will be able to move your personal possessions along with you. You have three ways to ship your car and will need to decide which one fits your needs the most. Ro-Ro Shipping allows your car to be driven onto the ship at the exit port and then driven off at the entry port in Turkmenistan. This is the least expensive and most used way to transport vehicles internationally. You can also choose to Container Ship or Air Ship your car. With both Container Shipping and Air Shipping, you can also pack up personal belongings to be shipped along with your car. Your auto transport agent will be able to go over details with you on what you can ship to Turkmenistan and the space you will have to do so.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Turkmenistan
Hiring accomplished international transporters with experience in the process of shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo is the complete safest and most affordable way to get your equipment delivered to the Turkmenistan. As reputable leaders in the auto transport industry, A1 Auto Transport has been shipping large and heavy cargo for nearly 30 years now. With our considerable amount clientele, we are frequently asked to transport all types of cargo. Some of the heavy equipment and oversized cargo types we have shipped before and are certainly capable of shipping again include…
- Construction Equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, dumpers, cranes, etc.
- Mining Equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, etc.
- Paving Equipment including asphalt pavers, planers, compactors, motor graders, reclaimers, etc.
- Agricultural Equipment including tractors, combine harvesters, plows, balers, backhoes, spreaders, drills, mowers, etc.
Best Shipping Methods for Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo
There are several methods of overseas transport available to those trying to ship their cargo from the U.S. to Turkmenistan. After you describe your cargo to the representatives we have awaiting on your phone call, you will learn of which methods are available to you as according to the type of cargo you have. However, we’d like to give you a glimpse as to how we’re capable of carrying out your overseas delivery by telling you a little bit about each of our services.
- Flat Rack- an open air service that secures your cargo to a metal flat rack before it is placed on the ship. This ensures it doesn’t move while en route to Turkmenistan.
- LoLo Shipping- this open air service is for anyone with inoperable vehicles, construction supplies or crated equipment. A crane is used to et your cargo on top of and off of the ship.
- RoRo Shipping- this is the most popular and affordable of all the options. Your vehicle must be operable or able to roll onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Container Shipping- As the highest priced shipping method, this transport option encloses your cargo within metal walls and a ceiling as long as it can fit into the 40ft container.
Related Information & FAQs
- Learn all about shipping a car to Turkmenistan from the USA
- Shipping your car to Turkmenistan the safest way possible
- What should I know before shipping cars to Turkmenistan from the US
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org