Exporting your car to Turkmenistan
Shipping A Car To Turkmenistan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Though the cost can vary quite a bit based on different factors, most cars can be shipped from the U.S. to Turkmenistan for $2,500 to $5,300.
- Smaller cars that fit into a shipping container are the cheapest to ship, while larger cars, trucks, and SUVs cost more.
Moving to another country internationally can be a stressful time. When you need to have your personal car where you are, having it shipped should not be difficult at all. Hiring a reputable auto transporter will give you the peace of mind in knowing that your car will be taken care of and will arrive as quickly as possible so that you’ll be able to enjoy driving yourself around without having to hire a driver. Moving your car to Turkmenistan will require certain documents and paperwork to be filled out for customs. You will also need to pay taxes and fees to both the shipping company as well as Turkmenistan Customs. If you plan on shipping personal items with your car, you will need to know what customs regulations are on personal belongings as well. For more information on regulations for customs when entering Turkmenistan you can contact the Turkmenistan Embassy in Washington, DC and they can direct you to necessary information.
Turkmenistan has modern roadways and there is no need for a 4-Wheel Drive vehicle unless you will be driving into the desert. There are certain Motor Vehicle Regulations that you will have to abide by in order to bring your car into the country. You will also need to provide specific documents. Those documents and regulations are as follows:
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Turkmenistan
- Insurance Certificate for Vehicle
- Permission of operation Department of Ashgabat Customs Office
- State Vehicle Inspection
- License Plate Receipt
- Driving Manual for the Vehicle
- Temporary or Permanent Import Declaration
- Permission from Trans Inspection
- Certificate of Standard of State
- Temporary Import Declaration
Taxes must be paid
- If you plan on permanently importing your car you will need to pay the entire amount of Customs taxes and fees that are set on a fixed Customs tax rate
- For temporary importation you can pay a Customs fee of $25 plus a $5 per hour fee for services provided through Customs
- You can sale a car if it is permanently imported, but no cars that are on a temporary importation are allowed to be sold while in Turkmenistan
Prior to Shipping
Prior to shipping your car to Turkmenistan you will need to fill out all of the pre-shipping paperwork and provide all of the necessary documents to the auto transporter. You will also need to decide on how you want the car to be shipped and let the transporter know if you will need to ship any personal belongings with the car. The auto transporter will give you a total quote that will include the cost of shipping, automobile cleaning or detailing, and pick-up and delivery service if needed. You can get more information on what you are allowed to ship by speaking to your agent or by contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Required Documents that must be provided prior to shipping
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Original Vehicle Title
- Insurance Certificate
- Power of Attorney Statement for pick-up and/or delivery
- Vehicle Registration
Your auto shipper will work with you to make the shipping of your car as easy as possible. Relocating is daunting enough without having to worry about how you will be able to move your personal possessions along with you. You have three ways to ship your car and will need to decide which one fits your needs the most. Ro-Ro Shipping allows your car to be driven onto the ship at the exit port and then driven off at the entry port in Turkmenistan. This is the least expensive and most used way to transport vehicles internationally. You can also choose to Container Ship or Air Ship your car. With both Container Shipping and Air Shipping, you can also pack up personal belongings to be shipped along with your car. Your auto transport agent will be able to go over details with you on what you can ship to Turkmenistan and the space you will have to do so.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!