Determining whether or not to transport your auto internationally might be a tough decision. High duties and tariffs might frighten you away. However, if you’re moving there for a while having a personal vehicle to travel the rugged road network throughout Toamasina will prove to be beneficial. Fortunately, transporting an automobile, motorcycle or other personal vehicle is rather simple.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents Typically Needed.
While you will have to directly contact Madagascar Customs for more current regulations, there are certain documents that you can just assume are necessary. These documents will need to be present at Customs and at the port.
- License, Picture ID and Passport.
- Title and Registration.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Certificate of Maintenance Inspection (not always essential)
- Proof of Purchase and Receipts for Paid Tariffs.
Auto Transport Methods to Consider
The varieties of transporting methods available for autos include the roll on and roll off service, container transport and air shipping. These methods are all desirable, with the exception of cost. The cost for air shipping is extremely high and usually not affordable to most.
Container shipping allows the vehicle to be placed within an enclosed trailer. The space can be shared with another person, which will also ease the price for service. The vehicle can also hold belongings within its seats and trunk.
Roll on and roll off services consist of the auto being transported to Madagascar on top of a flatbed ship. It will be open to elements, but cost considerably less than container shipping. The vehicle must remain free of all items with the exception of floor mats, a spare tire and a carjack.
Obviously, consider budget first when determining what method of transport is best suited for the job. If the safety of the vehicle is first and foremost, many transport services have additional insurance plans.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?