Ship Your Car To Or From The Maldives
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cars shipped to the Maldives from the U.S. usually cost in the range of$2,000 to $5,200 to ship.
- Since the area is an island chain, costs can vary depending on the availability of transport carriers, as well as the specific points of origin and destination for the vehicle.
When you relocate to Maldives and need to import your personal vehicle in the country with you, you will need to hire an auto transporter who handles international shipping. You will most likely need to have the company transport your vehicle from your location in the U.S to the major shipping port nearest you that ships out to Maldives. Your agent will go over details with you on documents you will need to provide as well as the cost of transporting the vehicle to the port and overseas shipping costs.
The primary documents that you will have to supply to the shipper are your driver’s license, social security number, vehicle title and registration and a signed Power of Attorney form that will allow them to legally transport the car to the port for you. You’ll also want to check with your insurance company to make sure that overseas travel is covered on your car, and if it is not you will need to obtain shipping insurance as well as insurance that will cover your car once it reaches Maldives. You will also want to check with Customs to find out international laws and regulations on exporting to another country and the types of paperwork and documentation that you will be required to have prior to shipping.
You will need to provide detailed information about your vehicle to Customs in Maldives when your car arrives in the country. You’ll need documents that show the make, model engine and chassis numbers and year of the vehicle as well as the weight, color and seating capacity. You will have to register your vehicle with the Minister of Transport upon entering the country. Your vehicle will be held at the port until it has been registered. You’ll also need to complete and L10 Application form and make sure you have the original title and registration as well as proof of insurance. You will also want to make sure that the vehicle is thoroughly cleaned and that all fluids such as oil, steering and brake fluids are filled, the battery is fully charged and the vehicle is full driving capacity so it will be ready to drive as soon as it reaches Maldives.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Maldives
- Bill of lading
- Import license
- Certificate of valuation
- Packing list or cargo manifest
Prior to Shipping
Prior to having your car exported internationally, you will need to go over in detail with the agent all expenses that will be required for international shipping. They will give you a full quote so you’ll know what you have to pay upfront and what you will need to pay when the vehicle reaches the entry port in Maldives. You may need to steam clean the vehicle and remove any paperwork or personal items from inside of the vehicle, as well as anything that could be damaged or fall off during shipping from the exterior of the car. You will also want to know the weather conditions of Maldives so you are prepared for driving during drought as well as rainy seasons when the roads could become impassable. Knowing about the country will assist you when making plans to drive for extended time periods.
There are three main ways to have your car shipped internationally to any country, including Maldives. The three ways are:
- Ro-Ro Shipping – Ro-Ro Shipping is also known as Roll-On Roll-Off Shipping and it translates to exactly what it is. The vehicle is driven (rolled) onto the carrier ship and then driven (rolled off) when it reaches the port internationally. This is the easiest and quickest way to ship a vehicle overseas by water as well as the least expensive. The only drawback to Ro-Ro is that you cannot ship any personal items inside of the vehicle during transport.
- Container Shipping – Shipping by container is still shipping on the water, but with this type of shipping you will be able to pack personal items inside of the vehicle as well as in the cargo container when transporting to Maldives. This type of shipping can take a little longer than Ro-Ro due to clearance checks when going through Customs, but it is great to utilize when you need to ship more than just your vehicle.
- International Air Shipping – Shipping by air is the fastest way to have your vehicle shipped internationally. You can get the car in far less time than if you ship by sea, and will be able to ship along with other items if you need them to be sent with the vehicle.
Your auto transport agent will help you determine which type of shipping will suit your purposes the best and which will be most affordable with your shipping budget as well. For more information on the cost and ways to have your vehicle shipped internationally, you can read this article that provides valuable shipping information.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory