“Ilha Lilás” or Violet Island as Terceira Island is better termed as is a scenic island in the Archipelago of Azores, located in the Atlantic Ocean. As one of the bigger islands, it boats of having the historical capital and oldest city which is now a UNESCO Heritage site of Angra do Heroísmo.
If you are looking to retire on the panoramic island or are here to work, you are lucky to be living at such a beautiful island. With sunny, tropical weather all through the year, palm fringed beaches and aquamarine waters, it adds to the charm of having your own vehicle to drive for faster commuting. Thus, before you implement the plan of shipping your vehicle here, it is best to hire the services of an avid and experienced auto shipping service like A1 Auto Transport service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Azores import rules and regulations.
Before moving your vehicle to Azores, you need to be updated on the latest import regulations, documents to submit and other procedures that need to be met before the vehicle can shipped. Contact the Azores Embassy or get in touch with one of our company representatives to get more information. These are some of the essential documents that will be needed at the US port and at Terceira Island before the ship docks. You need:
- Bill of Lading.
- VAT NR.
- Azores address proof.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Vehicle Insurance.
- US-issued driving license.
- Owner’s Passport and residence/work visa.
- Authorized approval of Direcçao Geral dos Impostos.
The standard custom duty as per Azores Customs department is 16% plus VAT and the tax can increase depending upon the cost of the vehicle. The US-issued license plates need to be turned over and local Azores license plates have to be authorized by the Direcção-Geral de Viação. Your vehicle has to pass through emission and road tests to ensure it meets the EU standards. If the vehicle needs modifications to clear the tests, it has to be done. You will need to pay the license fee for registrations and license plate issuance.
All about ways to ship your vehicle.
When you are costing for shipping the vehicle to Terceira Island, you cannot miss out considering the methods of shipping, before you pick the more affordable option. You have a choice of shipping by RORO or container shipping. If you have a luxury car or a vintage model, then container shipping might be better option as it protects the vehicle against damage. Your car is secured and harnessed within 20 feet and 40 feet container along with other personal belongings that you want shipped to Azores. This turns out to be the more expensive method.
RORO is cheaper and commonly used method when you only need to ship the vehicle. It is driven on the ship deck, secured in the allotted bay and then driven off the ship at Azores. However, you have to get the vehicle cleaned, remove all personal belongings from within the car and leave just quarter tank of fuel before you can ship it by RORO.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?