The panoramic city of Tallinn is located close to the shores of Gulf of Finland, about 80 km from Helsinki. After the disintegration of the Soviet Union, Estonia has slowly built up, with rapid progress in the last few years. Today, the city of Tallinn is counted among the global top ten digital cities and the Old Town has been listed by UNESCO as the World Heritage Site. Additionally, the port of Tallinn is one of the busiest harbors for cruises and commercial harbors in Baltic Sea.
With better employment opportunities, the country now attracts students and workers from all over the world. Thus, if you intend moving here on a temporary or permanent basis, you might be looking forward to importing your car to Tallinn. Another reason for the import is that locally purchasing the vehicle is expensive. With strong trade relations of U.S with Estonia, importing is convenient especially, if you work with A1 Auto Transport Company. We help you get the vehicle to Tallinn without a hitch as we have over 20 years of experience transporting vehicles all around the world. However, it is essential to remember that there are stringent requirements to import any vehicle into EU. With a port at Tallinn, importing vehicles to the city is faster and easy as it is best connected to various U.S ports.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Important documentations and regulations.
The U.S Customs Department requires extensive paperwork to be submitted before the vehicle can be exported. Some of these important documents include:
- Purchase invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Documents proving ownership of vehicle.
- Insurance and emission control certificates.
- Clear title deed of the vehicle.
- Driving license and passport of owner.
Additionally Estonian government requires other certificates for import of vehicles from non-EU countries. With stringent import laws, there are some restrictions that need to be adhered to when you need your vehicle in Tallinn. The documents needed include:
- Fill customs declaration form available at border offices of the Customs department.
- Chassis and emission inspections as part of the pre-registration process.
- Modifications that are defined by EU standards.
- List of previous damage to the vehicle.
There are a host of duties and custom taxes that are applicable and it is important to get your car or vehicle registered within a week with the Estonian Road Administration after getting the clearance from Custom department.
If you are looking for affordable freight options, A1 Auto Transport service can be of assistance. We offer a variety of freight shipping, including:
- RORO: The vehicle is driven onto the ocean bound, freight ship and driven off at the port of Tallinn. This is a cost effective way but you will need to remove the air conditioning gas, personal items and only leave the floor mats, spare keys and tire in the vehicle.
- Container shipping: This is the more expensive method. You will need to pay for a 20 feet or 40 feet container wherein you can put your car and other goods that need to be shipped. The benefit is that vintage and expensive cars/vehicles are away from the weather changes and is protected.
To know more about the latest regulations, you can connect with the Estonian Embassy in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?