The administrative and political capital of Fiji, Suva is the most cosmopolitan city in the Southern Pacific. As a major regional center, there has been a steady increase of the expatriates that come here for work and travel on a temporary and permanent basis. For easy commuting, it helps to have your vehicle with you and thus, if you are contemplating getting your own personal vehicle shipped to Fiji, talk with A1 Auto Transport service and get more details.
However, you need to know that custom duty exemptions are only given to the diplomatic vehicles that are registered. The permit comes with a limitation that the car or vehicle has to be exported out again after the tenure of the diplomat is over.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations on importing a vehicle to Fiji.
As most of the vehicles that are imported from other countries after your vehicle enter Suva, the Fiji government will cancel the registration of the other country before it is registered officially in Fiji. There has to be a translation done if the cancellation certification isn’t in English and you cannot transfer the car to anyone for the next five years. There are custom duties and procedures that need to be completed and we can assist you in doing those. You will need to schedule an appointment with the Suva custom office to get the formalities completed. After the vehicle has reached Suva, there are procedures and paperwork to submit that will help you get the delivery completed. Here are the procedures:
- Get the agricultural clearance for the Biosecurity Authority of Fiji.
- Arrange for clearance from Customs.
- Pay the requisite duties.
- Get the foreign car registration cancelled.
Additionally, there are various permits and clearances needed, before the vehicle will be delivered to the owners. We work closely with the Fiji government departments to get the needed procedures completed. The Fiji Customs department requirements include:
- Quarantine clearance.
- Passport of the owner.
- Insurance papers and certificate.
- Title deed in original.
- Purchase invoice and receipt.
- Invoice showing export and freight cost.
- Bill of Lading.
When your vehicle has been cleared through the customs, you need to contact the Lands Transport Authority (LTA) for compliance audit and inspection of the vehicle before it can be registered. The department will need:
- Bill of Lading (copy).
- Single Administration Document copy.
- Certificate of De-registration.
Only those that are due to receive tax and duty exemptions are allowed otherwise there are no concessions on tax and duty. Additionally, if you intend sending the car through RORO system, it is better to strip the car of all personal belongings as it is susceptible to theft during transit. However, if you are shipping in an enclosed 20 feet or 40 feet container, you can consider putting household goods alongside the vehicle. At A1 Auto Transport service, we do not advice packing goods inside the vehicle as the Fiji Revenue & Customs Authority requires a detailed list of transported goods, before entry permit is issued. The customs and VAT is calculated as per the current market value of the vehicle, taking into consideration the import costs, overseas costs that have been paid, depreciation of the vehicle and other aspects.
To get more information and details on the import to Suva, in Fiji, it is helpful to contact the Embassy of Fiji today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory