Importing Vehicles To South Sudan From The United States
Shipping A Car To South Sudan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car shipping costs to South Sudan from the U.S. start at $3,500 for cars and smaller vehicles and go up to $7,000 for SUVs and larger vehicles.
- Prices can fluctuate based on the season and available transport carriers at the time of the request.
Located in Northeastern Africa is the country of South Sudan, bordered by The Republic of Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and the Central African Republic. The country consists of a tropical climate, raining heavily during the rain season and followed by a dry season.
Popular Shipping Destinations
The country is covered in grasslands, high plateaus, savannas, and wetlands, depending on where in the country a person is located. Most of the country is inhabited by wildlife including African dogs, elephants, antelope, and more.
Many come to South Sudan for study and work purposes, keeping them there for extended periods of time. In this case, having a personal vehicle transported from the U.S. may be a wise decision. It will make travel easier and allow a person to freely travel all parts of the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Exporting A Vehicle to South Sudan
Exporting a vehicle to South Sudan might cost a pretty penny considering that the country has a higher tax percentage. Regardless, having a vehicle shipped may be the convenience needed during a stay there and will save a person money in the long run.
Contacting Customs is necessary for regards to the finding out the proper documentation needed for importing a vehicle. The regulations and requirements are subject to change at any time. However, one can assume that certain things will be necessary for importation.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To South Sudan
- Proof of Insurance
- Vehicle title
- Proof of Ownership
- License and Passport
- Bill of lading
Types of Shipping Methods
There are a few methods available for shipping vehicles to Northeastern Africa. Some are more logical than others if budget is an issue.
- Air shipping is the most expensive method. The price is so high that not many people can afford to ship a vehicle with this method.
- RO/RO shipping is the most cost effective method. The vehicle must be able to drive onto and off of the ship and must remain empty. The only items allowed in the vehicle include a car jack, a spare tire, and the floor mats.
- Container shipping will allow for more belongings to be shipped with the vehicle. There are several sizes of containers to choose from and they can be shared with another individual. Sharing a container will cut costs. The vehicle can be filled with a property as well as the rest of the container.
There aren’t any seaports in the country of South Sudan since it is landlocked, but shipping a vehicle on a boat can be possible. The owner of the vehicle must be present at the port at the time of the vehicle’s arrival. All duties and taxes must then be paid.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?