Shipping A Car To Sudan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to the Sudan is not cheap–usually between $3,300 and $7,000 for most vehicles.
- Larger vehicles, or those with nonstandard dimensions cost more to ship, as do those with a heavier than normal shipping weight.
Sudan is a country located in North Africa. The geography of the country includes plains and mountainous regions while being largely bordered by the Red Sea. The area differs greatly from that of the U.S. and many come for study of its culture or to work within the oil industry. China gets most of its oil from Sudan, as do many other regions.
When going to Sudan from the U.S. for residency or for an extended stay, having a vehicle shipped too will only help a person to travel more freely. There won’t be any need to call for public transportation, or to deal with the variety of language barriers throughout the country. Ultimately, one will be avoiding a lot of stress, as well as saving money. Sudan has many paved and unpaved roadways that are continuously being improved, since waterways used to be the main form of transport throughout the country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Shipping a Vehicle to Sudan
Vehicle shipping to Sudan is highly taxed and an invoice for paid duties will be required at the time the vehicle is picked up from one of Sudan’s two ports. There will be specific documentation required as well.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Sudan
- Vehicle title
- Vehicle’s assessed value
- Proof of insurance
- Proof of ownership
- License/Picture ID or passport
- Proof of Residency, Employment and/or Study in Sudan
- Bill of lading
The vehicle owner must be present on the day of the vehicle’s arrival. Here, the vehicle will need to be picked up and specific documentation must be presented.
Exporting Methods Available
There are two practical methods of vehicle importation in Sudan. A vehicle can be sent overseas by the RO/RO shipping method or container shipping. Either way is satisfactory, but not all ports accept RO/RO shipping.
Container shipping can be a shared method of shipping. Two people can share a container and split costs. Due to their large size, it is possible to send several vehicles or other belongings in the container. Even the vehicle can be filled with possessions.
RO/RO shipping means that the vehicle is rolled onto the ship and rolled off of the ship. The vehicle must be empty with the exclusion of floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire. This method remains the cheapest.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!