Shipping Cars From The United States To Somalia
Shipping A Car To Somalia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- From the U.S., the cost generally falls between $3,200 and $6,700 to ship a car to Somalia.
- Factors that can affect the total cost include the type and size of the vehicle, as well as the specific points of origin and destination.
Somalia is located in East Africa, also referred to as the Horn of Africa. The country is surrounded by plateaus, wetlands, floodplains, and grasslands. The climate is extremely hot and dry with periodic heavy rainfall. About 10 million people reside in the country.
Somalia has over 21,830 km of roadway and public transportation is available. However, the public transportation can be difficult to understand when coming to the country from the U.S. It is also not as available and can’t be used at one’s leisure.
The Garowe-Bosaso Highway is the major roadway in Somalia. It was recently reconstructed and connects the capital of Garowe to the commercial land of Bosaso. Many roadways are to be constructed off of the major highway making transportation easier. Nearly a mere 12% of roadways are paved in Somalia.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It is important to contact Customs prior to vehicle importation in order to find the required documentation and requirements. They are subject to change at any time. While South Africa has strict limitations on car importation, East Africa isn’t as rigorous.
One can assume that the title, vehicle registration, proof of insurance and ownership, and license/passport will be required for the vehicle’s shipment. Also, vehicles are subject to Standard Custom duties.
Along the Gulf of Aden and the Arabian Sea, bordering Somalia, there are four different seaports that include vehicle shipment. These ports include the Port of Berbera, the Port of Mogadishu, the Port of Merca, and the Port of Kismayu.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Somalia
- Vehicle identification number
- Vehicle spec documents
- Purchase invoice
- Packing list
- Owner’s manual
- Import permit
- Road Authority Ministry authorization
- Bill of lading
- Letter of support
Most Cost Effective Methods of Vehicle Shipping
There are two cost effective methods of exporting a vehicle to Somalia from the United States. Either method can be chosen depending on what suits the vehicle’s owner’s needs.
The container shipping method can be suitable for anyone looking to transport more than just a vehicle. Other property can be contained within the vehicle or the container. Containers can be shared with another person which will help to reduce the cost. Make sure that any belongings being shipped can clear Customs and are allowed to be imported to the country.
The RO/RO shipping method also referred to as roll on, roll off shipping, is cheaper. The vehicle will have to be driven onto the ship, as well as off the ship. Nothing can be in the vehicle at the time of transport except floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory