- Shipping Cars From The United States To Somalia
- Shipping A Car To Somalia
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Somalia
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Customs Requirements
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Somalia
- Most Cost Effective Methods of Vehicle Shipping
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Somalia
- Choosing the Best Overseas Shipping Method to Use
- Other Services
- Related Information & FAQs
Shipping Cars From The United States To Somalia
Shipping A Car To Somalia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- From the U.S., the cost generally falls between $3,200 and $6,700 to ship a car to Somalia.
- Factors that can affect the total cost include the type and size of the vehicle, as well as the specific points of origin and destination.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Somalia
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Berbera||$200||$5,800||5+47|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Berbera||$400||$2,700||5+28|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Berbera||$450||$5,800||5+47|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Berbera||$475||$5,800||6+47|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Berbera||$550||$5,800||6+47|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Berbera||$550||$2,700||5+28|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Berbera||$575||$2,700||6+28|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Berbera||$675||$2,700||6+28|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Berbera||$775||$5,800||7+47|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Berbera||$1,075||$2,700||7+28|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Somalia is located in East Africa, also referred to as the Horn of Africa. The country is surrounded by plateaus, wetlands, floodplains, and grasslands. The climate is extremely hot and dry with periodic heavy rainfall. About 10 million people reside in the country.
Somalia has over 21,830 km of roadway and public transportation is available. However, the public transportation can be difficult to understand when coming to the country from the U.S. It is also not as available and can't be used at one's leisure.
The Garowe-Bosaso Highway is the major roadway in Somalia. It was recently reconstructed and connects the capital of Garowe to the commercial land of Bosaso. Many roadways are to be constructed off of the major highway making transportation easier. Nearly a mere 12% of roadways are paved in Somalia.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
It is important to contact Customs prior to vehicle importation in order to find the required documentation and requirements. They are subject to change at any time. While South Africa has strict limitations on car importation, East Africa isn't as rigorous.
One can assume that the title, vehicle registration, proof of insurance and ownership, and license/passport will be required for the vehicle's shipment. Also, vehicles are subject to Standard Custom duties.
Along the Gulf of Aden and the Arabian Sea, bordering Somalia, there are four different seaports that include vehicle shipment. These ports include the Port of Berbera, the Port of Mogadishu, the Port of Merca, and the Port of Kismayu.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Somalia
- Vehicle identification number
- Vehicle spec documents
- Purchase invoice
- Packing list
- Owner's manual
- Import permit
- Road Authority Ministry authorization
- Bill of lading
- Letter of support
Most Cost Effective Methods of Vehicle Shipping
There are two cost effective methods of exporting a vehicle to Somalia from the United States. Either method can be chosen depending on what suits the vehicle's owner's needs.
If you need to transfer more than just a car, consider using container shipping. Both the car and the container have room for more belongings. Sharing a container with another person is one way to split the expense. Verify that your sent items will pass through Customs without any problems.
The RO/RO shipping method also referred to as roll on, roll off shipping, is cheaper. The vehicle will have to be driven onto the ship, as well as off the ship. Nothing can be in the vehicle at the time of transport except floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Somalia
It takes careful preparation, planning, experience and a lot more to successfully deliver cargo outside of the U.S. You will definitely find that you need the help of a reliable shipping company such as A1 if you wish to ship your oversized or heavy cargo to Somalia. We will help you abide by the nation’s foreign import laws which tends to be the most confusing and tedious part of the transport. We will also use the best, most durable shipping equipment to care for your cargo during its journey.
There are hardly any stipulations on the types of heavy equipment or oversized cargo we can ship overseas. For instance, here are some of the various types of cargo we have shipped in the past…
- Engineering Equipment
- Construction Equipment and Materials
- Industrial Equipment
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Pontoon Boats
- Mining Equipment
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Choosing the Best Overseas Shipping Method to Use
There are four international transport services overall that we have for our customers to choose from. When you call in to schedule your shipping process to Somalia, we will ask you a few questions regarding the type of cargo you have to ship. Once we obtain the information needed from you, we will be able to tell you which shipping services are available to you. Here is a little information regarding our overseas transport methods…
- Flat Rack Shipping- This open air shipping method secures your equipment to a metal rack before it is placed on the boat for its travels to Somalia.
- Container Shipping- is the most expensive of the shipping options, yet it provides the most protection since it is an enclosed service. This is available to those with heavy cargo or equipment that can fit into a 40ft container.
- RoRo Shipping- Out of all the shipping options for international transports, this open air services is the cheapest and most purchased. It requires your vehicle or equipment to drive up and down a ramp leading onto the top of the boat.
- LoLo Shipping- This is an open air service available to customers with inoperable vehicles, construction equipment or crated cargo. A crane will carefully lift your cargo onto and off of the ship dedicated to this particular kind of transport.